Chapter 41

You felt the warmth of a hand over yours.

Someone was humming.

It was a familiar voice and melody, your eyes fluttered open and your head turned to the window across the room instinctively which served as the only source of light.

You knew immediately that this was a dream because it wasn't the sunny, nor was it the countless places you stayed at after you got away.

Suddenly the warmth of the hand was neither sincere nor was it warm any longer

You knew this window and this room, you also knew who this hand belonged to.

The hand seemed to get colder, the ice from her hand had spread to the rest of your body.

Anyone would have pulled away but you were frozen.

Frozen with obligation and fear.

"My sweet y/n, did you miss me?"

The voice was as it always was, condescending and coated with syrup to hide the rooted malice.

"you missed me.", your forced to listen but don't dare deny or agree, your head still turned away and glued to the window.

"you know, this is a mother's job", you weren't sure if she was convincing herself or you.

Her thumb traveled across your knuckles gently yet her fingerprints felt as if it burnt the surface of your skin almost entirely off, her fingers felt like ice cubes rubbing across salt on your bare hand.

It was excruciating which was unnatural for a dream but it seemed like that when she was apart of it, pain always seemed to follow.

Still, you kept your hand in place because you were her child after all.

Refusing her touch after what you did would be inhumane.

"My porcelain doll, are you hurt?", I tense up as soon as the question was asked, she laughed softly in response, pleased that she had finally gotten a reaction out of you.

Your jaw clenches, "of course you're hurt, why else would I be here.. ", she squeezes your hand now, her voice sounding darker as she let her cheery attitude reveal itself.

"Your my precious doll y/n, nobody can take care of you like I do"

"like I did"

Her tone was flat on the last sentence, almost resentful but she quickly recovers.

"Leave before you get hurt, again."

She was serious even with the smile you could sense. You stare out the window, inhaling deeply before you shake your head.

You knew that replying was useless but  even the thought of walking away from him made your chest tighten.

"No?", her voice was strained, you could tell almost immediately that her smile had dropped and so did the temperature in the room.

She was angry.

The muscles in your jaw tense so harshly that it shakes when you notice blood slowly drip down the window in gallons, your eyebrows knitted together with anxiety as the blood slowly covered the entirety of the window, enveloping the entire room with bone chilling darkness.

Your only source of light was now gone.

"y/n. If you won't do it for your sake, then think of them.", the syrup in her voice ran dry, she spoke mockingly and you knew what was coming next.