Chapter 24

"your captain is quite handsome"

You froze, partially because of what she said but it was her tone that made you subconsciously clench your jaw. It was slow and mocking. Like she was trying to get a reaction out of you.

You stared at her blankly for a second, she had a sneer across her face, Her index finger placed against her upturned lips.

"Yeah, he is isn't he.", you reply with a forced smile,"but... You should give up if you like him."your smile became real as you continued.

"you aren't his type Mari"

You make sure to smile a little sweeter while saying the last part, the mocking smile that occupied the pastel girl's face disappeared as the words left your mouth.

You turn around, ready to leave after saying your part. She wanted to trigger a response so you gave her a memorable one. You were satisfied with her reaction. I hope she was satisfied with mine.

You thought as you shut the door behind you and headed back to the dining room, "I'm back", you smile att luffy still stuffing his face.

He turns to you with his cheeks full of food,"y/n", his face lighting up when he saw you.

"Where's Mari? ", he says chomping down on another large piece of food.

Your smile faded a bit,"oh she's gettting changed." you explain, nami, usopp and Franky nodding, chopper had fallen asleep at the table.

You smile and walk over to the raindeer. You lift him into your arms gently, the warmth radiating from his fur calmed you.

You had to hold in the urge to squeeze him in your arms. "I'll take him to bed", you announce just above a whisper.

Luffy nods before taking an even larger bite of food,"ill come with", you blink a few time, why? Was your first thought but you nodded and walked off with luffy following behind you.

You walked into the boys room, you realized it was the first time you've been in here.

You placed chopper onto his bed after you asked luffy in a whisper where he slept. You tucked him in, caressing his fur one last time before exiting.

"y/n" he calls to you.

"luffy?", reply with a confused smile, he just smiled at you before he turned around and walked. Okay?

<>

You walked back into the dining room to find Mari sitting comfortably in the chair she had stolen from you.

You walk back to your seat next to Nami, trying to ignore her icy stare.

You sigh, leaning into the chair.

"you seem stressed." Nami says looking at you smile a worried smile, her elbow on the table and her head resting in her hand.

"do I? Haha I'm fine, don't worry", you awkwardly brush off her concerns. Maria's eyes glued to your every move.

You look to luffy with a questioningly raised eyebrow, he just stood at the door of the dining room with a blank stare.

"luffy?"

"y/n?" he replies with a new found smile, like you snapped him out of some deep thoughts.

He walked to choppers seat, lifting tthe chair effortlessly and silently walked until he was next to you.

He put the chair down and without warning shoved sanji's chair out of the way causing sanji to tip over the chair and fall. "LUFFY" sanji roared as he rubbed the lump on his head.