Chapter 28

"prep her up real good, commanders orders"

Commander... ?

Everything was pitch black, you weren't sure if you had gone blind or this was you stuck in your consciousness.

It was neither.

All you could hear was the sounds of mental clashing on metal. And the footsteps of about 50 or more people in the same enormous room.

A factory?

Yes. It was definitely some sort of factory.... But why? And how did you get here.

You were confused more than you were nervous and anxious.

Your head hurt badly and your stomach was turning, you realized that you had a bag loosely around your head, your first instinct was too pull it off and scream for help but your body wouldn't let you.

It knew better than to do that.

You were laying down on your back on a metal tray, the kind they would put a dead body on. it was cold and your clothes were soaking wet and sticking to your body in the most uncomfortable ways.

The sound of machinery was deafeningly loud, your ears rung in response to clashing of metal that just got louder and louder as they carried you. It was as if they were carrying you to the source of the noise.

It took everything in you to not cover your ears to try and suppress the crushing noise.

They carried you for about 2 minutes before they stopped and had a long chat, they were laughing together. The 2 men that carried you on the tray and another, it made you angry that they could laugh like that while carrying an 'unconscious' body on a damn tray for dead people.

"what are you doing. Get back to work you useless scum or the commander will have all our necks.", they frantically stand up straight and carry you properly again, your anger subsided for a moment.

The noises continued to get louder,but you had somewhat gotten used to the factories noise.

"It's time. Turn the levers."

You hear footsteps scurry around to the edge of each room, hearing several levers flip down. The sounds followed by the levers made it clear the mystery machines gears started to turn.

Your head unnoticeably twitched when you heard a shredder, only the sound was way louder and triggered your anxiety.

But nothing could've prepared you for what you heard next.

"AHH"

You wanted to grip onto something, to get up and run. Run like you've never ran before. You could feel the colour being sucked mercilessly from your face.

You had to stay still.

Dead silent even as the Screams of people shot through your ears and Violently tormented your mind before another scream bounced off the walls

It never stopped. Even when it did for a little while, your mind replayed it back in your head. You felt like you were trapped with those memories now for the rest of your life.

What the actual fuck is going on.

Another scream rang through your body. They just kept getting louder and more desperate for help.

No... It's not what I think. It can't be.

"load the next batch into the shredder", a man ordered, hitting an iron pipe onto the floor as if he was impatiently waiting for the show to go on, enjoying every second of it.