Chapter 21

"Y/n doesn't like you Sanji"

You were sure that's what you heard... There's no way you could mistake it but-

-flash back-

"what was that luffy?", you heard him clearly the first time but it was such an unfimilar tone you sub-consciously needed him to repeat it to be sure.

"Let's go look at the flowers." you blink, obviously confused. There's no way you misheard him that badly... Right?

"I saw a pretty awesome flower on my way to the bar. IT HAD SPIKES!", you tilt your head in confusion, "Spikes? Do you mean thorns?", you say with your eyes squinted at him.

"NO. SPIKES." He shouts, he could tell you didn't believe him which made him frustrated.

"I'll show you right now." He frowns like a child, you giggle at his childish reaction to you questioning him.

He lifts you by the waist. Your breath hitches in you throat, heat radiating from your cheeks after processing his touch on your skin. "L-luffy wha-", you try to question him but his other arm stretched out.

Before you knew it you were being pulled forward harshly, you screech when you see a building in yours and Luffy's way, you shut your eyes tightly and cover your face with your hands as if it was going to stop you from going splat onto the brick wall.

You could hear sanji's screams of terror from a distance as you neared the wall while luffy's laughs echoed and for the first time you've thought of him as a psycho.

"Y/n", he whispers into your ear before wrapping his arms around your back tightly, you open your eyes slightly to find your head on his chest and his hand holding your head.

BAM

Luffy's back slammed into the wall, taking all the force of the hit. All you felt was the vibration of the force luffy took and you could tell it was hard. It happened so fast it took a while to process what happened.

His arms only tightened around you when you bounced off the wall and onto the floor, your eyes shut tightly again as you hit the floor with minimal impact because of his grip on you.

You feel him slowly let go a minute after hitting the ground, you finally open your eyes. Immediately regretting it.

Your heart bounced in your chest only now it wasn't just the adrenaline from the action you faced but the closeness of luffy's face to yours. He was hovering over you, his eyes glued to yours.

You gulp when you register the position you were in. Your entire body feeling his weight on top of you.

"y/n", your name softly falling off his tongue, it sounded like honey he said your name.

A smile follows after the sweet sound of your name from his lips. you felt yourself melting at the sight of his sweet smile.

Without thinking your eyes flicker from his eyes to his lips, desire welled up inside you

what if you...

You think to yourself, your mind going places you never thought it'd go.. Atleast without you shaking the thoughts away but with him 2 centimeters away you couldn't control any part of your body let alone your thoughts.

What if. You question again, you bite your lip trying to stop yourself. You gulp. What if.. What if you...

You lift your head slowly, eyes completely fixated on his lips. Your heart drowning out the logic with the dangerous thought of 'what if.'