Chapter 23

"To rest, I'm on y/n duty until she's better"

You lift a hand over your face to hide the smile threatening to appear, you had to mentally slap your cheeks to stop yourself from squealing like an embarassing school girl.

But his words just kept popping up in your mind.

"I'm on y/n duty"

Your eyes lift into a crescent moon shape, the smile you were trying to stop finally escaped and plastered itself onto your face.

HIS SO CUTE, Y/n duty? I'm gonna go into cardiac arrest if he keeps this up.

"y/n? Why are being so quiet? ", his voice knocks you back into reality , you mouth a "nothing" with a small smile.

Luffy's POV

I chew on my gums, something I only did when I was hungry, but that's not why this time. We walked in silence, you looked like you were anywhere but  in my arms and I would be lying if I said it didn't bother me even a little bit.

"Y/N", I say a little louder than I was supposed to.

Pay attention.

"What are you thinking of? Food?", she looks up at me with a nervous face before pursing her lips to hide a smile.

her hair was messy her side bangs partially in her eyes.

She's pretty.

"well we haven't eaten all day so I'm hungry, should we ask sanji for food before I rest?"

There it is again... That weird feeling in my chest. It's probably coz I'm hungry.

"Yeah. Let's go!", I smile widely at the amazing idea and spin in the opposite direction to find sanji.

Y/N POV

His smile always managed to make your heart melt so matter how many times you see it.

He ran with you in his arms back to where sanji was, you reach the room and sanji was worriedly standing next to maribelle as she sat in the chair slowly moving her foot with a face inked with pain.

"SANJI. FOOD."

"NOT NOW LUFFY", sanji shouts not even caring to glance back. "but-" luffy starts but sanji cuts him off, "I'M BUSY."

You got slighty annoyed, luffy is the captain, she's not even a part of the crew.

"sanji, luffy and I are hungry.", sanji snaps his head in you and Luffy's direction,"of course y/n-swan~~"

Luffy sulks for a second before realizing sanji is going to make food and he smiles, your annoyed expression softens at his teethy smile.

"sorry maribelle, I have a beautiful lady to feed", you smile at sanji's sweet words and watched him swiftly walk towards the kitchen.

"I should be off, sorry for causing you so much trouble", she bows and smiles before limping out,"You should stay for dinner if your family doesn't mind it" Nami suggests.

she stops and turns, "oh, I don't have a family" she smiles sadly.

An awkward silence fills the room,"are we going to eat or not.", luffy says frowning like a child also completely ignoring maribelles confession, you fight the urge to burst out laughing.