1. Chapter

After Five Years

A man was working in a departmental store at the billing counter; he's been working in the store over the past four years with his co-worker Zoey Meng. He had been the most honest, gentle, and calm worker in the store. Everyone was fond of him because of his gentle attitude towards everyone and he was also the best way to commercialize the shop for his best and beautiful face, every gentleman and woman who came to the store always compliment his attitude whenever he is at the billing counter.

His friend cum neighbor Zoey always complain to him that he wishes to be his girlfriend because he was single and handsome and beautiful at the same time, she would always say that he is an antique, he should not be touched by anyone.

Zoey was putting the items in a bag for the customer when she saw a small girl with a huge teddy bear coming in the man's direction at the billing counter. She was a bit surprised because a small girl was bearing a huge teddy bear which was twice her size.

"Hey!" Zoey nudge the man who was on the counter. He was busy with the bill and talking to one of the customers. "Look ahead."

The man looked at the front; he saw what Zoey was showing him. A girl, of maybe three years old, was coming in his direction with a huge teddy bear.

"Hello sweetie how I may help you?" the man said to the girl when the girl reached for him.

"I want this," the girl said to him.

The man looked at Zoey, he was asking her to do something because a small child would not have the ability to that huge teddy on the top of the counter.

Zoey puckered when he saw her friend was asking her to help the child. She walked to the child and smiled at her unwillingly, it was a part of her job to smile all the time whether she likes it or not whether it is her ex-boyfriend or enemy she had to smile at them because it was her job. "Where is your father?" she asked the child.

"I am her father," one man said. He was wearing a cap, sunglasses, and mask that cover his mouth and nose. He came in their direction with a trolley and their shopping.

Zoey and the man at the counter turned their head in the direction where the man's voice came from. They felt strange at the man because he was covered from head to toe, the only past that appear was his ear, hands, and some part of the skin on the face which was not covered by the mask and the sunglass.

"He is my Daddy," the girl said to both the man at the counter and Zoey.

"Hello, Sir," Zoey chuckled; she was hiding the feeling of awkwardness because she had never met such customers in the store before who covered his face from everyone. "Please give it to me." she offered to help the man with his shopping.

Is he having any disease? Zoey thought while she pushed the trolley.

"Thanks," the man said to her. He took out his debit card from his valet.

The man on the counter scanned the bar code of the items that the man and the girl were purchasing. Most of the items they were buying were pregnant woman's foods.

"Have we met before Xiao Zhan?" the man asked the man at the counter.

"You know his name?" Zoey inquired while she putting the items in a bag.

Xiao Zhan who was scanning the bar code looked up at the face of the man. He was taken aback when his conscience told him that 'he returned'. It was him if he was not mistaken but he was not sure if his memories have returned or not but truth to be told, Xiao Zhan was not ready for this unexpected meeting in the store.

"It is on his name badge." The man said to Zoey.

Xiao Zhan looked at his name badge, he was thankful that he didn't know his name; the masked man didn't remember his name. "No, sir. I am not quite sure because I am always here in the store. If you might have seen me then it would be here in this store."