30

"Mr. Wang, your wife is calling you," Lisa said the message that Cheng Xiao said to her.

Yibo turned his head in her direction and nodded. He returned his gaze to Zhan; he understood Zhan's perspective about the Wang children; he was concerned about their upbringing but never thought about himself that if he would be able to provide the love that he gave to his children, Yibo did not doubt that Zhan could do that, he had raised his children as a single parent, he gave love and support to his children. Why can't Yibo and Cheng Xiao? "I'll let Tiang decide what she wants and with whom she wants to stay."

"It's not to let the child decide. She wants you both in her life," Zhan argued. He had tears in his eyes.

"Fine," Yibo said in a disappointed tone, "I get it, there is no hope for us being together. We are only friends nothing more." He was heartbroken, his hope upon seeing himself with Zhan had gone because Zhan was concerned for Yibo's children. "Let's meet Cheng Xiao." He pulled Zhan's hand. He was defeated in the argument with Zhan.

Zhan on the other side was genuine in his concern for those children as a single parent because he saw the side that the two were raising their children together while he was alone, he felt bad about what he was going to do with those innocent children's who haven't understood how the world works, there was so many in this world that the children need to know which books couldn't teach.

Yibo took Zhan inside the room where Cheng Xiao and her children were admitted. Cheng Xiao was holding the newborn baby near her breast. She had that undefined cheerfulness on her face. Yibo looked at Zhan with a faint smile.

"Xiao Zhan," Cheng Xiao said when her eyes spotted Zhan in the room.

Zhan looked at her face and smiled sternly. "Congratulation." He uttered. He had no envy in his heart seeing Cheng Xiao because Yibo had never been his.

"Thank you," Cheng Xiao said.

"Mummy," Tiang rushed inside the room with a wide smile, she tried to climb onto the bed because of the small height she couldn't reach. Seeing her struggling to get her mother Yibo picked her up and placed her beside her mother on the bed. "Thanks, daddy."

Yibo smiled at the girl and then gazed at Zhan. He was hoping for him to smile but Zhan didn't.

"He's so small," Tiang commented.

Cheng Xiao chuckled at her comment, "You were like him when you were small."

"I want to go home," Zhan said to Yibo.

Cheng Xiao looked at him when he heard Zhan wanted to go home. "Zhan." She called.

"Please stay," Yibo pleaded to him. he doesn't want to leave and let Zhan go out of his sight. he had an obsession with the man.

"Zhan, please do come," Cheng Xiao said.

Zhan looked at her, worried, and sorry was written on his face.

"Hold him," Cheng Xiao said as she forwarded the infant to give Zhan.

Zhan was dumbfounded by Cheng Xiao's action; she wanted him to hold her child which should have been her husband's right first before Zhan. "Wh-Why me?"

"Because you have the right to him," Cheng Xiao said without a smile, she was serious.

"What right?" Zhan inquired. He looked at Yibo.

"You are a friend, and also I want to be his godfather," Cheng Xiao explained.

Zhan gazed down at the child that she was holding. He took the sanitizer from the table and smear it on his plate. After he had sanitized his hands he took the child from her. He smiled at the boy in his arm; his heart was melting at the sight of the boy in his arm. "He has his father's nose," Zhan mumbled.