16

Yi Qin, Zhan, and Shi were waiting in a waiting room in the building of Child Welfare Maternity's counselor's office. Zha was reading a magazine while the twin was feeling exasperation by boredom on the couch, they lay on Zhan's lap and he didn't complain or objected to them because he knew that the twin was feeling bored waiting for more than five minutes.

"Why is it taking forever?" Shi whined on Zhan's lap.

"Why are we here by the way?" Yi Qin inquired. He forgot the reason that Zhan had explained before they left home.

Zhan closed the magazine and looked at Yi Qin's face, "Th court ordered us, and now learn the meaning of the word patience."

"Even if it takes forever?" Shi asked.

"Even if it takes forever," Zhan replied sternly while reopening the page where he was reading.

"I don't like Mr. Chao. He is so bossy," Yi Qin said.

"He's a billionaire," Zhan stated. Zhan knew that every billionaire is the same his father was also included in that case; they have attitudes.

"Daddy, I don't want to live with him," Yi Qin complained. "He's not a good man."

"I wish your opinion mattered," Zhan mumbled. "But you're children until you are twelve."

"What would they ask?" Shi inquired.

"Whatever be they answer them honestly. Don't mask anything," Zhan instructed them. He also doesn't know what would the lady in the room ask.

A woman in a white suit was seated on an armchair with a clipboard and pen. She had circular spectacles on her eyes which made her vision emphasized. Lego blocks were on the coffee table.

Yi Qin and Shi were seated on the couch arranging those blocks of lego on the coffee table.

"Why do you call your uncle daddy?" The woman asked.

"We never knew who our father is or was we only know him and saw him for who he is, and we don't want to know who our father is or was." Yi Qin explained.

"Didn't he correct you to call him uncle?" The lady said while scribbling down on the clipboard.

"He did. It was uncle Chen who inspired us to call him father because uncle Cheng calls him father, ever since we call our daddy, daddy," Shi explained.

The woman nodded something down again on the clipboard, she had a serious facial expression while writing down something on the clipboard. "What do you two fancy the most?"

"I love solving maths problems," Shi responded.

"I love both physics and mathematics problems," Yi Qin responded.

"Do you know who was your mother?"

"Nope," They replied in unison.

"Doesn't your uncle tell you about her?" The lady was a bit worried by Zhan's lack of responsibility in imparting the knowledge that his sister was a millennium.

"Daddy, never mentions anyone from our family like who our mother was, who was our grandparents and all," Shi said. "We don't care though. We only care for daddy. He's there for us rather than those who we don't know."

The woman nodded her head and then wrote something on her clipboard. "Do you lie about the place where you are living?"

"Surely, we do," Shi replied.

"Don't you feel compressed inside your house?"

"Don't you feel lonely inside this monotonous spacious room?" Yi Qin returned the question.