Chapter 18: Unveiling Secrets

"Hm that's not quite right.... move it again Scorch"

Scorch gave the small medic a glare as he climbed down from the tall ladder and moved it slightly to the right. He then climbed back up and brought the Christmas lights into position along the ceiling beam.

"Nope I lied, move it back", Medix said as he sat in his chair.

"Babe, he's climbed up and down that ladder 20 times in the last 5 minutes. Quit being an aft", Hotshot said as he passed by.

Medix looked over but immediately stopped himself from yelling when he saw that Starlight was in his mate's arms.

"This is part of the process-"

"Making him put up the lights is already enough. Just let him finish the job without you stopping him", Hotshot commanded as he walked away with their daughter.

Medix grumbled but slumped in his chair, "Take a break, Scorch."

Scorch slid down the ladder and immediately retreated to Wedge's room.

"NOT THAT KIND OF BR- ugh nevermind", Medix sighed as he stood up. He then walked to his daughter's room to check up on the family.

Upon arriving, his scowl immediately turned into a sweet smile. Before him was his handsome mate, singing ever so sweetly to their sleepy sparkling. His mate's voice made his spark soar, but his singing voice is of an angel.

Hotshot stopped singing when he noticed his mate in the doorway, "Babe? Are you okay...?"

Medix realized he was falling forward, catching himself before his mate could get up, "I-I'm fine!"

Hotshot gently put Starlight down for her nap and then walked over to his mate with concern, "You're making that face again. Are you sure you're okay?"

Medix snapped from his thoughts again, "What face?"

"Your drunk face."

"MY WHA-", Medix managed to get out before Hotshot covered his dermas.

"Shh! She's asleep!", Hotshot said as he escorted his mate away from the room.

Medix managed to get his dermas free after a few steps, "I'm not drunk! I'm falling in love with you again!"

"Oh", was all Hotshot could say before realizing what his mate actually said, "OH."

Medix snorted, "Your voice is still incredible."

"Coming from you, that actually means something", Hotshot joked as he wrapped his arm around his mate, "You should try singing too."

"Oh you know I can't sing", Medix addressed, "I haven't sang since our days in the Academy."

"Well you've experienced puberty and a kid since then. I think your voice may be different."

"You have too much faith in me", Medix stated, "I know my voice isn't as monotone and nasally but that can't mean my pipes are different."

Hotshot shrugged, "You never know until you try. Plus I've heard you hum to yourself a few times. It definitely sounds a lot better."

"Humming is very different from singing", Medix corrected, "besides, I'm not fond of singing."

"Come on babe, just try it once. For me?"

"As tempting as that is, it's still a no."

"Pleeeeeaaassseeee???"

"No. And that's final."

Hotshot sighed, "Don't make me do it."

"Make you do wh-"