Chapter 3: Worry

A few days have passed since the late night kicking incident.

Each day getting closer and closer to the big day.

And Hotshot's condition remained the same.

Hotshot sighed heavily as he watched the recruits take their tests.

Despite Hotshot being their PE teacher, he had to take over Medix's classes while he was on early leave.

Hotshot didn't mind at all. He knew a little about being a medic so he was insistent on taking his mate's place.

Medix was hesitant at first when he offered, knowing high and well that his mate would figure out how to create chaos.

And, so far, that was only partially true.

Hotshot let a small smile escape his faceplates as he remembered all of the fun "experiments" he let his students perform during the month.

Oh, Medix was pissed.

Now all Hotshot could do was let them work on packets not only for their safety, but for his as well, especially when it came to his mate's wrath.

That was the only thing he feared.

Hotshot leaned back in Medix's chair and then put his pedes up on Medix's desk.

He knew Medix hated it when he did this.

But Hotshot liked to take risks.

As time slowly moved on, Hotshot's boredom increased.

Damn Medix, how long did you make this test?! Hotshot thought to himself.

Hotshot could tell that the recruits were struggling to get through the test in its entirety.

Note to self, Hotshot thought, tell Medix to go easier on the recruits.

Suddenly, Hotshot's phone went off while it was on the desk.

All of the recruits looked up in concern when Hotshot shrieked and fell backwards in his chair.

"Coach Hotshot?? Are you okay???"

Hotshot scrambled ungracefully for his phone as he held up a digit toward the young medical femme, "Hold that thought, Cosima."

Hotshot checked his texts and then proceeded to slam his faceplate into the desk.

"Coach Hotshot?!", the recruits exclaimed.

Hotshot sighed heavily as he stood up and started speed dialing his mate, "I'm fine. Excuse me for a second Recruits, I have an important phone call to make..."

The recruits looked at their teacher in confusion as he stepped out of the room.

Hotshot stood outside slightly agitated as the reciever picked up.

"Hi honey!", Medix started.

"Medix-"

"Do you like the name I sent you??"

Hotshot shook his helm, "babe how many times do I have to tell you that you don't have to send me every name that you come up with. You're only supposed to call or text me if something is wrong."

". . . . . So I take it you don't like the name "Firestar"?"

Hotshot hung up.

-----------------------------------------

Medix angrily graded the recruit's tests as he sat on his berth.

Hotshot tried to get his attention while he was seated next to him, "babe, I'm sorry!"