Chapter 8: Meeting the Recruits

A/N: the adorable art of the wholesome Medshot family above was made by none other than the fabulous xtransformersgirlx !!❤❤❤

His leave felt like it was going far too fast. He still had one week left but he knew it would end before it began.

Hotshot strayed from his thoughts as he smiled at the sight before him. He watched his mate gently play with their one week old as they sat on the floor.

Medix blew a raspberry into Starlight's tummy and then nuzzled her sweet chubby face as she giggled excessively.

Hotshot fell in love at the sight. He fell even harder when his mate cradled their sweet little femme and gave her a soft kiss to the forehelm.

Starlight was just the happiest little sparkling. Throughout her first week of life, she barely ever cried. She only cried when she needed something, like being fed.

Otherwise, she was quite the ray of sunshine. She loved getting attention. Especially from her uncle Wedge.

But what she loved the most was being loved by both of her parents.

And also taking her naps with her daddy.

Hotshot loved those naps too. He would always let Starlight recharge on his chestplates.

Preferably, over his spark. It helped soothe her.

Hotshot sometimes will pretend to recharge not only to soothe his daughter, but to see his mate walk into their room and almost pass out at the adorable sight.

Medix does the same thing too but instead of watching his mate pass out, he'll accidentally wake up their daughter from giggling too much after his goofy mate dives into the berth and snuggles his family.

Hotshot chuckled softly as his mate cooed to their daughter. This week was definitely one he'll remember.

Medix giggled as Starlight nuzzled him, "oh my! You're such a sweet and affectionate little femme! And do you know what happens to sweet and affectionate little femmes??"

Starlight immediately bursted out giggling as her mother gave her an excessive amount of the dreaded "mommy kisses."

Medix then gently layed her down on her little play mat and started tickling her.

A huge smile plastered his faceplates as Starlight happily giggled and kicked her little legs, "she's resisting! It seems like I'll need some backup. I'm calling in Daddy Big Dork!"

Hotshot wore a goofy smile as he plopped down onto the floor, "never fear! Backup is here!"

Hotshot then proceeded to tackle his mate, "I've got him Starlight! Run! Be free!!"

"Curses! I've been double crossed!", Medix said as Hotshot wrestled him.

Starlight giggled as she watched her parents playfully wrestle each other.

Hotshot then pinned his mate to the ground, "victory is mine! Now I shall take my damsel in distress!"

Starlight couldn't stop giggling as her daddy took her into his strong arms and nuzzled her sweet face.

Just then, Whirl and Hoist came through the groundbridge with their arms around each other. They then looked over to see the little family playing with each other.

"Why is Medix on the floor?", Whirl asked while giggling.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm dead!", Medix said as he remained on the floor.