Chapter 4: Labor

Blades calmly came through the groundbridge as he stood and watched the rest of his former recruits make their way over to him.

"Thanks for coming Blades", Hoist said.

"Hotshot would be out here to greet you too, but he's refusing to leave Medix's side", Wedge said.

"I can understand that", Blades said kindly, "where are they now?"

"In the medical bay with Ratchet", Whirl said immediately, "I can take you there."

"Thank you", Blades said as he followed the female copter.

As Whirl walked, she explained what was going on, "Last I checked on them was 5 minutes ago. Ratchet has already been here for half an hour and has been encouraging Medix to walk around. Energon has not been broken yet."

When they reached the medical bay, Blades turned to Whirl, "I appreciate you keeping me up to date, Whirl. Go back to your team and resume everything as normal. I will update all of you if any changes are made."

Whirl nodded as Blades went inside, stealing a quick peek inside to see Hotshot coaching Medix as they danced around the room.

When the door finally closed, Whirl let a small smile escape her faceplate as she returned to the rest of her team.

-----------------------------------------

Blades and Ratchet stood off to the side as they watched Hotshot and Medix's performance.

Hotshot stayed cheerful as he danced around the room with his mate, "Come on baby! Dance with me like you did at our wedding!"

"With less twerking", Blades joked.

Medix laughed at that as his mate kept him moving.

As they continued  to dance with each other, Blades took this moment to speak with Ratchet.

"So, why dancing?"

"Medix hated walking around and wouldn't keep his trap shut about it. So I suggested that he try dancing. It achieves the same goal: moving. Plus he seemed to like it better when Hotshot joined in."

"So what will we do if he gets tired of this?", Blades asked.

"We distract him with making him talk and think of other things", Ratchet said smoothly, "just watch Hotshot. He knows what to do."

A few more minutes passes before Medix can't move around anymore. He stopped dancing as he buried his face into Hotshot's chestplate, laughing while slightly out of breath.

Hotshot held his mate close as he giggled, "you're so cute honey. Dancing with your big belly. I bet our sparkling will become a dancer after what you just did!"

Medix giggled sweetly but then groaned softly when his contractions started becoming more and more intense due to his lack of mobility.

Hotshot looked over at Ratchet and nodded as Ratchet gave him a confirmation nod. He then looked down at his mate who was gripping his arms tightly, "hey babe? Mind telling me all of the shenanigans that went down during the reception at our wedding?"

Medix chuckled softly while he involuntarily started walking around the room with his mate, "you mean the whole thing?"

"Tomayto. Tomahto.", Hotshot said as he walked with his mate.