Chapter 5: Bonding

"Honey! Wake up!"

Medix stirred slightly.

"Honey! Our sparkling! They're here!"

Medix's optics shot open as he could now hear the cries of his newborn, "they are??"

Hotshot looked at his mate with love and tears in his optics, "yes!!!"

Medix got some help from his mate so he could sit up, "what's the gender?"

Hotshot was about to answer but was cut off by Blades.

"It's a femme!", Blades exclaimed as he continued to clean the crying newborn.

Hotshot and Medix immediately started crying tears of joy as they hugged each other.

Hotshot then cupped his mate's cheek and shared a sweet kiss with him as more tears fell, "a femme! We now have a little femme!"

Medix tearfully nuzzled his mate, "and we're now parents!"

"Creators", Ratchet corrected as he filled out information on a datapad.

"Parents", Medix repeated more sternly, "we're on Earth so we might as well use the Earth terms associated with parenthood."

Ratchet rolled his optics as he finished filling out the necessary information, "she's all good now Blades. Go and give her to her creators."

"Parents", Blades smirked as he picked up the crying newborn femme.

Ratchet groaned as Blades walked over to the new parents.

"Momma?", Blades sweetly said to Medix, using the Earth term for carrier, "you ready to see her?"

Medix eagerly reached for his sparkling, immediately holding her close to his spark as she continued to cry.

"Shh... shh... It's okay. You're with mommy now", Medix said softly.

Hearing his voice immediately soothed the newborn as her crying completely stopped. 

Hotshot's optics swelled with tears of love and joy as he sat next to his mate and looked fondly at their newborn daughter, "Oh my Primus..."

"Isn't she beautiful?", Medix said happily as tears fell.

Hotshot let a few tears fall as he nuzzled his mate, "she is... just like her momma."

Medix smiled and then kissed his mate sweetly as their sparkling slowly opened her optics for the first time. 

Hotshot and Medix stopped their kiss when they realized they were being watched. They both looked down at their sparkling as their optics filled with love.

"She has your optics!", Medix said joyfully to his mate.

"And thank Primus she has your features", Hotshot said to his mate.

"But she's more bulkier and even has your adorable audio fins!"

Hotshot chuckled softly as he gently caressed one of the tiny audio fins on his daughter, "she sure does. But why is she pink?"

Medix looked at his mate, "Honey.. I have white. You have red."

".....and?"

"Combine those two together."

It took Hotshot a full minute until he finally got it, "ohhhh...."

His sparkling looked up at him in confusion.

Medix giggled at her confused expression, "that's your daddy sweetie."

Hotshot smiled sweetly at their daughter as he leaned down and gently nuzzled her.