Chapter 12: First Snow

Hotshot sat on the couch in the main area of the bunker, pondering at the sight before him.

He calmly watched his mate put on one too many wool clothing on their almost 3 month old, snorting softly as Starlight couldn't bring her arms down.

As Medix grabbed a scarf, Hotshot spoke up, "uh, honey?"

"Yes dear?"

"Isn't this a little much?"

Medix turned to face his mate, "Hotshot, what is the current temperature outside?"

"12°F, which we can totally handle."

"Yes, we can. Starlight, on the other hand, cannot. She is too young and hasn't developed her internal temperature gauge yet."

"Okay I see your point. But could you maybe go easier on the-"

"No."

"But she can't even lower her arms!"

"So? It's not going to hurt her and she'll be warm."

"But I wanted to teach her how to throw her first snowball..."

"No, Hotshot, that's not gonna happen. She doesn't even have the motor skills required to even throw anything!"

"Well what about that time she threw that toy at your face?"

"She smacked it at me. That's very different from throwing."

Hotshot gave up, "fine, you win... but I'm still gonna let her experience the impact from a snowball!"

That earned him a wrench to the helm.

-----------------------------------------

Starlight squealed happily in her mother's arms as tiny snowflakes gently floated down onto her little face.

Medix smiled warmly at his precious daughter, giggling softly as a perfect snowflake fell onto her little nose, "pretty, isn't it?"

Starlight continued to squeal happily. She then bursted out giggling when she looked over and watched her goofy daddy get bombarded with snowballs.

Medix looked over at his goofy mate and bursted out laughing at the sight. 

Hotshot couldn't stop laughing as Wedge threw more snowballs at him, "Wedge! I can't get up!!"

"Oh come on old mech! Your hips still work!", Wedge said as he got another snowball.

"OLD MECH?!?!", Hotshot yelled as he got up quickly and tackled down his best friend, "you're older than me!!"

"Yet you still go to those monthly fishing trips with me!", Wedge said as he slammed Hotshot into the snow.

"I go with you to make it look like you're younger!", Hotshot said as he laid in the snow.

Hotshot bursted out laughing when Wedge jumped onto him.

"Wedge you fatass! Get off!!", Hotshot yelled as they tossed each other around.

Medix gasped as he immediately covered Starlight's audios, "HOTSHOT-"

"I forgot! I'm sorry!!", Hotshot said as he was helm-first in a pile of snow.

Medix sighed heavily as he walked away with his daughter who innocently looked up at the sky as more snow fell.

Whirl giggled as her best friend approached her and Hoist, "Hotshot driving you nuts again?"