Chapter 16: Oh What Fun

A/N: WASSDIS????? NEWSPARKS ISN'T DEAD????? That's right! I'm back on my bullshit now that RBA has (apparently) wrapped up their final season! Now that I know what happens, I can write things a little more accurately here! As for previous chapters, I'll just leave them the same and fix some things along the way (like vehicle modes, etc.). Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this part and I hope this makes up for the 6 long months  I made y'all wait (haha I pulled an RBA episode release schedule on y'all)

A/N: And yes if you must know, the title is Christmas-related

As the weeks passed during the wintery season, the weather only got worse.

Hotshot and his team could never find a break. Every single day was something new. Multi-car pile-up? On every street. Overturned semi? Jerry needs to retire. Avalanche? There's one scheduled next week.

Today's work, however, would be their worst yet.

"I have a feeling our teachers are laughing at us", Hotshot said as he carelessly blasted away a mound of snow.

"Oh hush", Medix said as he brought out a box of red and green lights, "I'm sure they too had to prepare for Christmas every year."

"But why is it our job to decorate the town? Don't they have robots that do it for them?", Wedge asked as he wrestled with another box of lights.

"Yeah. Us.", Medix said seriously.

Hoist chuckled as he helped set up lights around town square, "I don't mind it. It keeps the humans out of the streets."

"Which also means they stay out of danger", Whirl chimed in as she was setting up wreaths on all the nearby lamposts.

Hotshot kept a sour face as he carelessly blasted away more snow.

"Aw cheer up Mr. Scrooge", Medix teased to his mate as he helped Wedge untangle more lights, "We wouldn't want to ruin our daughter's first Christmas, right?"

Hotshot sighed as he lightened up, "Right."

Medix paused his session of untangling to get up and walk over to his mate. "Would you like me to help you?", he asked.

Hotshot smiled a bit, "No thanks babe, but I think Wedge may need it."

Medix quickly turned around to see Wedge tangled up in the lights.

"How-"

Wedge made a deer-in-headlights expression, clearly trying to cover up what he just saw.

"I uh.... saw a bat."

"Wedge, it's winter. Bats are hibernating right now", Medix said as he walked over to untangle him.

"Um... yeah! Yeah that's why I got startled! One must have forgotten to fall asleep!", Wedge said with a nervous chuckle.

Just then, Hoist let out a yelp of surprise when he saw something that resembles a bot move in the trees. His ladder ended up collapsing under him, sending him back to the ground.

Thankfully, due to Hotshot's very well-coordinated snow pilings, Hoist was able to land in a soft pile of snow.

Whirl dropped everything and ran over as quickly as she could, a slight panic in her tone.

"Hoist?? Are you okay???"

"I'm okay...", Hoist said as his femmefriend slowly helped him up. His joints made a slight creaking noise as he was brought to a standing position.

This, naturally, caught the attention of the small medic.

"Hoist, go take a break", Medix commanded as he left Wedge alone again to walk over to his teammate, "get back to the firehouse and stay in a warm and dry area. Your joints do not sound good."