Chapter 20: Santawave

A/N: Heyyyyyyyyy besties. Been a while, huh? My second senior year of college flew by in an instant! But guess what? I'M DONE! I graduate on May 13th, 2023! I'm officially a Kinesiologist! Now I'm working toward applying to Physical Therapy school! But don't worry, I'll be back for a while! I promise! Thank you all for sticking through with me this long. You've all helped me get through these long and hard years of undergrad and I couldn't be more thankful.
Cheers to another new chapter in my life! And a new chapter to this book!

"No."

"Oh come on grumpy!"

"Absolutely not."

"But it's for our grandsparkling!"

"I am not dressing up as Santa Claus."

Blades sighed as he tried to reason with his mate, "Heatwave, please, this is Starlight's first Christmas! And you have the best voice for Santa! Please??"

Heatwave stiffened in response, "Why couldn't Hotshot do it?"

"Because," Hotshot spoke up as he walked into the guest room, "Starlight would be very upset if I was nowhere in sight. Plus... you sound like Santa too."

"Ha! See? Even our son agrees!" Blades said as he stood proudly.

Heatwave sighed in defeat as he took the costume, "Alright fine. I'll wear it. But only for Starlight."

Hotshot whined, "Aw but I wanted to sit in Santa's lap too!"

That earned him a hard whack from a pillow.

--------------------------------------------

"You want me to do what??", Scorch exclaimed.

Medix rolled his eyes as he gently handed Starlight to him, "I want you to hold her."

Scorch backed off a bit, too scared to touch her, "Why??"

"Well, you need to learn how to properly hold a sparkling," Medix chimed, "And what's better to practice with an actual sparkling?"

Scorch tried to get away, "No please! I don't want to drop her!"

Medix cradled his daughter as he walked after Scorch, "You're not going to drop her. I'm right here to guide you."

Scorch flung himself into the bathroom, locking the door behind him, "I don't want to! You can't make me!"

Medix sighed as he stood outside the door, "Scorch, you're sparked. You need to get used to being around a sparkling."

Scorch started yelling loudly to block out Medix's advice, "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOUUUU."

Medix rolled his eyes and looked toward his mate who was walking back toward the main area, "Can you believe this? He's afraid to hold our daughter! Our sweet ray of sunshine! Our perfect little SPARKLING."

Scorch knew that was directed at him and started yelling again, "NOPE. NOT LISTENING. NOT HERE. GO AWAYYYY."

Hotshot chuckled as he heard his friend's screams, "Well you know what they say babe."

Puzzled, Medix looked up at him, "No? What do they say?"

"Denial is a river in Egypt", Hotshot said as he started walking away, "I'll go find Wedge and bring him here. You keep Scorch occupied."

Medix stared at him, pondering if that idiot was actually serious, "I- huh?"

--------------------------------------------