Chapter 2: Concerns

"Let's go Recruits! 15 more laps!"

"Professor Wedge can we stop please??"

"Yeah... we're tired..."

"If you have enough energy to talk then you have enough energy to finish these laps!", Wedge shouted.

The recruits all groaned as they kept running on the track outside.

The recruits were about ready to pass out until a certain bot walked toward them, making their faces light up in joy as they all shouted, "Coach Hotshot!!"

Hotshot smiled tiredly as he made his way over to his best friend, "Hey Wedge."

"Well good morning sunshine", Wedge teased, "I hope those extra hours of sleep were worth it."

Hotshot glared at him, quickly directing the topic back to their students, "How many laps have they done?"

"After these... 50."

"50?! Jesus-", Hotshot then yelled toward the recruits, "stop running Recruits!"

The recruits then proceeded to collapse onto the track, completely out of breath.

"Thank you Coach Hotshot."

"We were dying!!"

"Take as long as you need to regulate your breathing", Hotshot ordered, "then I want all of you to head inside and do some stretches as a cooldown."

"Yes sir!"

"Got it sir!"

Eventually, the recruits were able to get themselves up and head inside the Academy. As the last recruit was able to get up and go in, Hotshot and Wedge remained outside.

"You need to remember that they're young and can't handle that. Yet."

"Well it's not my job to do this in the first place!", Wedge argued back.

Hotshot sighed as he looked down shamefully, "I know... it's mine... Thank you for taking my place..."

Wedge softened when he got a good look at Hotshot's tired and stressed face, "Did something happen last night? Is Medix and the sparkling okay?"

"Yes they're okay. Thank Primus they're okay... but last night was rough... especially for Medix..."

Wedge slowly walked toward the Academy with Hotshot, " What happened?"

"The sparkling kept kicking. Each kick harder than the last. It started getting really bad in the middle of the night. Medix was in so much pain from how hard our sparkling was kicking him. We both stayed up for the rest of the night trying to get our sparkling to stop kicking."

"Did it ever stop?"

"Yes, thank Primus."

"How?"

"I forced Medix to walk around, which oddly enough started to soothe the sparkling."

"Oh boy. I bet Medix wasn't too happy about doing it."

Hotshot chuckled softly, "oh yeah. He was pissed. He complained the whole time but he shut up the moment he realized that it was actually helping."

Wedge stifled a laugh, "I bet even after all that, he was still pissed."

"Well duh."

They both bursted out laughing as they finally entered into the Academy.

As they walked the halls and even waved at some recruits, the conversation at hand never ceased.

"So are they both okay now?", Wedge asked.