La mentira/The lie

[Hey y’all, the Devil works hard, but I work harder for you Camilo simps. Enjoy, vote and comment. Thanks. <3]

(Y/N’s POV)

As I wake up from mom’s screams downstairs, I change to some comfy clothes. I see Cami Jr laying in her bed. I decide to pet her and change her name from “Cami Jr.”  to “Sra. Cami”. Seemed more fitting. Her leg was still injured so I gave her more cat food so she could have the energy to heal. I heard downstairs, where I see mom, dad, and Gabriel all looking at the screen. Mom and dad were in the kitchen making their coffee and Gabriel at the table with his usual cereal and coffee. The telenovela cuts to a commercial and they started talking.

“I still can’t believe Juana left Marcos for that monstrosity.” Gabriel said.

“I don’t know, Loredo did seem pretty hot.” My mom said. My dad gave her an “I’m right here” type of look.

“What? I never said I would go be with him.” She said. As I enter the kitchen, I get greeted by my parents and gave me a cup of coffee. I thank them and sat at the table.

“Que pasó?” I asked Gabriel.

“Esa mujer just ruined her chances of being in love.”

“She’s following her instincts”

“She’s following his chorizo.” Gabriel snickered. My mom didn’t have anything to throw so she just gave him a death stare.

“I’m joking. Pero still, she did ruin her chances.” He said as he drank his coffee. Esme came out her room and just stared at us.

“Some of us are trying to sleep.”

“My bad, mija.” My mom apologized. She closed her door and Imelda’s door opened.

“Hola familia!” She shouted, knowing she would wake up Esme. Unsurprisingly, Esme came out even more irritated.

“This is why your string is cut, Imelda!” Imelda looked shocked.

“Omg, really?!” Esme rolled her eyes and said no.

“I know, I just wanted you to feel bad for what you said.” Esme shrugged and they both came out of their rooms. They both made their coffees and sat down.

“How’s the novio?” Imelda asked.

“Pretty good. We adopted a cat. Our first child.” I said jokingly.

“Don’t get pregnant now, Y/N.” Gabriel teased. We rolled our eyes and continued talking.

“Oh, look.” Dad said, eyes closed. I laughed a bit. 

“He’s coming right now.”

I was surprised and quickly changed from comfy clothes to formal-casual clothes. A pink top and a magenta-purple mink skirt should do the trick. I fixed my hair a bit and got up. Just in time, we heard a knock. I opened the door. There he was. He held a bag in his hand.

“Hola amor!” He said happily. He kissed me and I felt his tongue swaying again. I didn’t want to stop but as Gabriel and Imelda whistled, I knew we had to stop for a quick bit.

“Hey! What, uh, brings you here?” I asked him.

“Well, since Cami Jr had a broken leg, I asked my tía to make some food to give to the cat. Her food heals anyone who eats it.” He said as he handed me the bag.

“May I come in?”

“Of course!” I say, moving myself and opening the door more to let him in. He greets everyone, this time with his head up, and sat down at the table. He looked confused for a second.