Double trouble

[A/N I'm feeling better y'all and I love the the people telling me to feel better<3]

(Y/N POV)

I cannot believe this. Imelda really is here. Crap. Now I know for sure I'm not gonna hear the end of this.

"Here comes trouble." Gabriel teased.

"Make it double." Imelda continued.

I groaned and put my head down on the table. I heard Imelda greeting everyone and sat down next to Gabriel. They whispered things to each other for a couple of minutes and heard Imelda gasp. I looked up to look at Camilo talking to Dolores. Camilo looked a little surprised and gave me a nervous smile as soon as he saw me staring. I went up and whispered in his ear.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Dolores told me what they were whispering about."

"What did they say?"

"They were talking about us."

"I know that, I'm talking specifics."

Gabriel cleared his throat, startling me, and I stood up straight quickly.

"Well, we're heading home now so my sister can unpack."

He and and Imelda got up and were waiting for me to get up. I stood up and Gabriel gave Camilo a stern look as he got up. They didn't want him coming. He quickly sat back down and we waved goodbye to each other. As we were heading home, Imelda started talking.

"Dad told me everything." She said.

"Oh did he?" I said.

"Y/N, we're here to protect you."

"I don't need body guards for little inconveniences."

"Yeah, cause going apeshit again is a little inconvenience." Gabriel remarked.

They both chuckled and as Gabriel opened the door, he and Imelda sat at the table and I went to the kitchen.

"It's been years since you'd been like that." Imelda said as she and Gabriel touched their waist.

I did feel bad for leaving the scars on them, but they shouldn't have pressured me into zip lining when I told them I was scared of heights. Who just naturally brings their sibling onto a mountain for that?

"And all for the name of ~love~" Gabriel said.

I side eyed him and sat down at the table with them after making my cereal. We talked about the things that happened, even though we already talked about it before, and after we just relaxed and watch the novelas on the tv.

Imelda got up to her room and I heard her calling someone on the phone. Esmeralda? Why would she be calling her? I wasn't able listen into the conversation since Gabriel caught me snooping, so I went to my room to think about what's been going on.

"Dad brings Imelda, of all people, to protect me and Gabriel, who's been here with me, stopping me from that mess and protecting the others." I thought  to myself. "I really shouldn't be calling it a little inconvenience."

After a couple minutes of thinking, the realization dawned on me.

"I never did anything for them to forgive me." I thought to myself again.

Panicking about what to do for them, I heard a knock on my door. The door opened and it was Gabriel looking at me.

"Cmon, we're heading out." He said.

"Where?"

"Don't worry about it."

I gave him a stare, but it didn't do anything since he just walked away. I got ready to go to "somewhere" and headed out the door with them. Imelda was in front of us, taking us to the mountains, and Gabriel looked around to see if anyone was following us. As we got to the mountains, Gabriel's power activated behind us and we continued walking until we hit the river. Imelda walked in while Gabriel made me wait with him. She dug her hands in the mud underneath the water and pulled out, a box? A small brown wooden box with six tiles on the top, gold symbols written on them. She walked back towards us, opening the box and letting a bright blue glow shine out from it, and handed it to Gabriel.

"Do you know why we move to different parts of the world, y/n?" Imelda asked.

"Cause y'all want to make my life a living Hell?" I joked.

"That and because we have a job to do."

"What job?"

"Magic Collection Division." Gabriel said, holding a dagger with the blade glowing a bright blue. "That's what we work for, the MCD."

"You're kidding." I rolled my eyes, but by the way they looked back at me, I could tell they weren't joking.

"We get sent out to find magical artifacts." Imelda said. "We get them and send them to dad."

I stare at the dagger. We collect things like that?

"Wait, so their candle?" I asked nervously.

"Oh, they can keep that." She said. "Once a magic item has an owner, we can't do anything about it."

I was going to say something until the noise of an arrow being shot and seeing one hit Gabriel's forearm made me quiet. The dagger fell to the floor while Imelda and I dropped down with it. Gabriel shouts then holds out his uninjured arm to create a dome around us. I look at where the arrow was shot at and squinted my eyes. There by the mountains, was a hooded figure holding a bow. By the looks of it, they were about to shoot another.

"This is what we were worried about." Imelda told me.

"Who is that?!"

"Don't know, but sometimes we have to face people like them. They try to find the magic items and use it for their own ill intent."

The arrow being shot but bouncing off the dome made me come back to reality. I tell Gabriel to lower the shield down and let me out so I can deal with it. I get out and hide behind a tree, almost getting hit by another arrow. I catch my breath and thought about what I should do. Should I wait for them to run out of arrows? Should I just attack them now? I didn't have much time to think right after an arrow scraped the tree I was hiding behind. I looked at my hand, letting the mist slowly fall down to the ground to grab the nearby arrow the person shot, and casted my spell.

"Magia mía, crea un arco. Crea un arco perfecto. Let the arrow take aim and let it cause pain."

Weird spell, but I had to come up with something quickly. After the last word slipped out, the mist turned into a solid purple bow and the arrow was ready to be shot. I got out of hiding, grabbing the bow and aimed for the person. I shot it rapidly and went back to hiding. I turned the arrow into a homing missile so even if they ran away, I'd still hit them. That's when I heard a high pitched scream coming from the mountains. I ran to see if I had hit them, which I obviously did, and when I checked, I saw the person laying on the ground. The arrow had hit the back of their leg while they ran, making them stumble and fall. I grabbed the person, turning them so I can see their face, and pulled back the hood to see who it was. My eyes widened when I saw who it was.

"Felicia?"