Hawkeye & Wolverine Episode 6

A big thank you to WilsonsWits helping me figure out how to add GIFS to the top of chapters!

NO ONE'S POV:

(They're watching a recording of Kingpin & Eleanor.)

Clint: Who sent this?

Kate: Yelena.

(Y/N): Of course she did.

Kate: Apparently my mom is the one who hired her to kill you.

Clint: Oh, wow.

Kate: It doesn't make any sense. My mom doesn't even, she doesn't even jaywalk. And now she's working for the mob? [softly] She killed Armand? My God, I need to talk to her.

Clint: Kate, wait. You gotta calm down, okay?

(Y/N): Take a breath.

Clint: Let's talk this out.

(Kate calls her mom but she gets her voicemail.)

Clint: Your mom needs our help. That video, Kate, it's not good. The Kingpin will not take this lightly. He is going to react, and he's gonna do it in a big way.

(Y/N): Villains wouldn't do it any other way.

Kate: Clint, (Y/N), this is my mess to clean up. Both of you should go home, be with your families. You can still make it in time for Christmas.

Clint: Kate, you're our partner.Your mess is our mess. We're not going anywhere until this is finished.

(Y/N): Aren't we a fine pair of dads?

(Maya meets with Kingpin & Kazi. Cut to Clint, Kate, Y/N on a train.)

Clint: Kate, I'm really sorry how this has all turned out for you.

(Y/N): Same.

Kate: Well...Can't think about it right now. We've gotta focus on tonight.

Clint: [exhales] You're right.

(Y/N): Good on you for focusing up.

Clint: We need a ton of gear. Like a whole batch of way-too-dangerous trick arrows.

Kate: You can make more?

(Cut to a montage of Clint making arrows as Kate & Y/N help him. In case you were wondering, Y/N's helping by sharpening arrowheads with claws.)

Kate: [sniffs]

(Y/N & Clint notice this.)

Clint: So, this, uh, this holiday party tonight, is it a fancy thing?

Kate: Yeah. Formal.

(Y/N): I've got a suit.

Kate: Aren't you just prepared for everything?

(Y/N): Natasha helped me pack so...

Clint: You know, you don't have to do this. It is part of the job. It's always inconvenient. It's lonely.

(Y/N): Most of the time.

Clint: You will get hurt. Heroes have to make some tough decisions. So, if you're gonna do this...I just wanna know you're ready.

Kate: When I was younger, aliens invaded. And I was alone. And I was terrified. But then I saw you, fighting aliens with a stick and a string. I saw you jump from the building even though you can't fly, even though you don't have superpowers. And I thought, "If he could do that, then I didn't have to be scared." You showed me that being a hero isn't just for people who can fly or shoot lasers out of their hands or have claws, it's for anyone, who's brave enough to do what's right, no matter the cost.