Chapter 9: Decode

Daniel

"So... how was it?" - Mom asked, while driving us back to the pack.

"Wow! What a shit show! You're not gonna believe it!" - Denise rushed to respond, gobsmacked at the events she just witnessed.

"She's not asking you, brat!" - I interjected, sounding pissed off.

"You're barely 1 year older than me. Who are you calling a brat?" - My sister replied in an annoyed tone.

"Daniel, leave your sister alone! Denise, language! " - Mom chastised us in an angry tone.

"It was very difficult for her to grasp, mom. As you can imagine." - Nate responded with a saddened tone.

"Oh, cariño. Don't give up! I'm sure the Goddess didn't pair you up so you'd suffer. I'm confident that there's a reason." - Mom pondered with her ever sweet voice.

"Yes, there's a reason! To expose us to society! Can you believe he shifted in the middle of the street?" - Denise chimed in. Goddess she likes to drop bombs on us.

"What?!" - Mom and I yelled in unison.

"There wasn't anybody on the street! And she was about to leave without believing in me!" - Nate replied, his tone concerned.

"I understand, cariño, but you know you can't expose us like that. Your father isn't gonna be happy about it." - Mom said, worriedly.

"I know... I was desperate. I'm sorry." - You could almost hear him crying, it was so disheartening.

"I understand, brother, really. I honestly don't know what I'd do in your situation." - I tried to console him as best I could. But it was bad. I can't even imagine my dad's reaction when he finds out about all this.

 I can't even imagine my dad's reaction when he finds out about all this

Later that evening, I was talking to Lauren about the whole situation. We were in my room, but the door was opened, per my parents' demand.

"My Goddess, baby, you should've seen his face. He looked so sad, so defeated, honestly I've never seen him like this." - I told her with a deeply saddened tone.

"I can't even imagine being mated to a human. Goddess, please don't punish me like this. I'll do anything..." - She replied, despair in her voice.

"Don't worry baby, you're mine." - I said it and I kissed her.

"Your mother doesn't seem to think so." - She spoke doubtfully, pulling away from me.

"What? You're crazy! My mom loves you! She's just a little jealous because you're gonna be the new Luna." - I reassured her.

"I didn't say she doesn't like me! I said she doesn't think I'm your mate!" - She sassed me, loudly.

"Well, I'm positive! There's no one I'd rather be with!" - I replied, trying for another kiss which I got, passionately.

There's a knock on the door. It's my mom and I already know what she's going to say.

"Sorry, lovebirds, but it's time to say goodbye! It's a school night." - Every single day, like clockwork, mom seems to take pleasure in kicking Lauren out of the house. I mean, thank Goddess we have Fridays and Saturdays off, otherwise I'd never have peace with my girl.

"That's OK Luna, I was just about to leave. Goodnight, baby." - Lauren said and she kissed me goodbye.

She gets up from the bed and leaves my room, but my mom stays at the door for a while. She waits till Lauren gets downstairs and leaves the house.

"She's right, you know... I don't really think she's your mate." - Mom stated and not for the first time.

"Mom! Please, you need to accept that she's going to be the new Luna!" - I pleaded in a mixture of resentment and anger.

"And just so you know: I'm not jealous of her. I welcome not being the Luna! It's a lot of work running a pack this size, you know?" - She informed me, with her usual latina sassy attitude.

"Right... Can you please get out of my room? I need to sleep." - I turned aside and she closed the door.

There is no way in hell she welcomes not being Luna. She fucking loved it. She lived for it. She just didn't like the fact that Lauren was gonna replace her. But that was her problem, not mine.

Honestly, with everything that's happening right now, I took comfort in the certainty of Lauren being my mate. At least that wasn't a thing I had to worry about.

I pushed him to my bed and he fell on it. I climb onto it and we start kissing, deeply, passionately. He tries to come up for air, but I don't let him. I keep on kissing him like there's no tomorrow.

Then I move to kiss his neck, his ears, he rejoices in it. I can feel his pleasure from it. And that drives me crazy.

I tore his shirt up and removes it without difficulty, then I kissed his chest, caressing his body with my hands. The more he enjoys it the more it drives me mad. I touched him all over.

"You know, you could've just asked me to take off my shirt. You didn't have to rip it off my body!" - He snickered in between kisses. I laughed, saying:

"It's more fun this way!" - I worship his upper body with my tongue. I remove my shirt and pants quickly.

"Wait! Slow down! I'm not ready for this to go all the way yet!" - He pleaded, while still enjoying my kisses.

"You're mine!" - I declared, on top of him, my eyes pitch black.

"Please, I'm not ready yet, don't..." - He tried to stop me, but I overpowered him and pinned him under me.

Slowly but surely, I dominate him with kisses. He looks worried but also enjoying it, I can tell.

Finally, I move to take off his underwear. He tried to resist me but I didn't let him. When we're fully naked, I...

There's a knock on my door. My mom opens it and tells me to get ready for school, then closes it. I'm panting, it's hard to catch my breath. And that is not the only thing that it's hard. But all I can think of is...

"What the fuck did just happen?" - I sounded and looked confused as fuck.