Chapter 12: God is a woman

Nate

After I told Daphne to come inside the house, my parents greeted us with a smile, though I know deep down they're worried about this. And yes, of course I texted mom and dad warning I was bringing her with me today. This is not something you spring on the Alpha. Not a human inside the compound anyway.

"Hi, Daphne. Welcome! I'm Rosa Aguilar Huntington and this is Patrick Huntington, my husband. We're Nate's adoptive parents." - Mom said as we entered. Denise and Daniel too, of course.

"Hi. Nice to meet you both." - Daphne replied, daunted by the magnificent scope of the house. - "This is huge! How many people live here?" - She was gobsmacked.

"Well, my children, of course, some of our warriors and unmated people within the pack. I think it's about 50." - My father explained. Her mouth widened even more, if that's possible.

"Wow, 50!" - She gasped, then turned to me. - "What's unmated?" - She asked, quizzically.

"It's a werewolf that hasn't found their mate yet." - I replied.

"But I thought you said werewolves found their mate when they turned 18!" - She exclaimed, with a confused look on her face.

"No, I said werewolves can find their mate when they turn 18! That doesn't mean they find theirs immediately!" - I informed her.

"Seriously, how long can it take?" - She asked, puzzled.

"It takes as long as it takes! The Goddess can't be rushed!" - Mom said, smiling. - "But it usually happens until you reach 30, at the latest." - Mom informed her.

"Goddess?" - She whispered to me, puzzled.

"I'll explain it later." - I replied.

"So, Daphne, I want you to feel welcomed here. My son's mate is as much my daughter as Denise is. - My dad said, which of course made Denise grimace.

"I only ask that you do not repeat anything you see or hear here to anyone outside of the pack. Especially NOT to your father." - He continued in a very serious tone.

"Of course, Sir. I understand." - Daphne agreed, signaling yes with her face.

"Nate, feel free to give her a tour of the house. Now if you excuse me, I have pack business to attend to!" - Dad said and left for his office, which is located inside the pack house.

"Are you hungry, dear? I can make you something to eat if you want!" - Mom offered, smiling.

"No thanks, ma'am. I'm good!" - She replied, politely.

"Excuse us please, I'll show her around!" - I said as I directed her to follow me, which she did. My mom returned to her office. My siblings went to their rooms to change.

I took her deep inside the pack house, showing her the accommodations, the play room, the offices, (outside) the warrior's quarters, showed her a bathroom she could use and finally we reached my bedroom.

Thankfully, all rooms inside the pack house were isolated acoustically, otherwise we wouldn't get any sleep with our acute hearing. So are the offices for privacy, of course. Basically every single place here, except for the kitchen, dining hall, warrior locker room and bathrooms.

I close the door behind us and tell her to sit down in the bed as I grab the chair for myself. There was a chair and a desk inside every room, which is where we studied and used our computer. We needed a quiet place to do it.

"Are you okay? I know this can be very daunting at first." - I asked her as we got settled.

"I know, right? It's a lot! But I'm taking it in as much as I can!" - She replied. - "Speaking of which, what is a warrior?" - She looked intrigued.