Chapter 22: I'm with you / Complicated

Daniel

Several days have passed since I first kissed Felix inside the school bathroom.

Actually, scratch that! Since I kissed him for the second time around, because in the first time I was suspended from school! But now, things are going great! I mean, we still kissed each other inside the bathroom, hidden from everyone else.

But we're enjoying each other's company. A lot! To be honest, he actually took the whole 'on the down low' really well. I mean, he doesn't ask me questions or demand anything from me, which is nice. He is a great boy indeed.

The rest of my friends and family are also cool with me not telling them who my mate is. They didn't forget about it, naturally! But they stopped asking me who it was after Nate ended the debate the other day!

Speaking of which, Nate's been great with all of this! And by that, I mean he also doesn't ask me anything about my mate, unless I volunteer the information myself.

It's basically a 'don't ask don't tell' situation, which is disgraceful obviously. But to me is just comforting.

The problem was my parents aren't letting me get away with it. Plus, my birthday is coming one way or another. So, it's not like I can avoid the issue forever. But that's a problem for tomorrow.

Today at school. At the lunch break. Inside the men's bathroom.

I'm kissing Felix passionately. I devour his mouth hungrily with my kiss. I touch his face gently with my hands. I lose myself in the moment! I wanted this so bad I'm afraid to admit it! After a good while, we take a breather.

"You're very good at this!" - He complimented me, grinning.

"Thanks, you're not so bad yourself!" - I replied with a wink.

"That's good to know. Can I ask you something?" - He wondered.

"Is it why we only kiss in the bathroom?" - I suggested with a sarcastic smile.

"No, that I know why!" - He laughed. - "My question is: why do you wash your face every time before you leave here?" - He looked at me intrigued.

"Oh! It's so that your scent doesn't stick on me. I've told you that already, remember?" - I explained.

"What is it with you and smells? Is it like a fetish or something?" - He wondered and I almost fall laughing out loud.

"No, it isn't!" - I said between laughter. - "It's just that certain individuals have an acute sense of smell. So, they can catch your scent in me even when others can't!" - I tried to explain it as honestly as I could.

"And who are those individuals?" - He questioned me, looking puzzled.

"Well, there are many. But I'm mostly worried about my family and friends, you know, the ones who sit on the table next to me at lunch!" - I informed him.

"I see! Is that why that Lauren said I reeked the other day? Because of her super sense of smell?" - He asked, quizzically.

"Exactly! But she was wrong to tell you that!" - I replied, taking pity on him.

"I wonder if that's why my sister doesn't talk to me about her boyfriend. Because she thinks I'd tell the secret of the bloodhound people!" - He croaked.

"Bloodhound people?" - I asked, laughing again.

"You know, like the dogs with a great sense of smell?" - He elaborated.

"Yeah, I got it! Actually, it was my dad who asked her not to say anything about us!" - I told him, honestly.

"Really? OK, then!" - He replied, surprised.