Chapter 50: New rules / Stay with me

Felix

Weeks have passed by since I woke up at the hospital. It was not an easy recovery process. But what made it worse was that my parents didn't allow me to leave the house. I think they got really spooked by the danger and turned over protective.

Not that I blame them, I got scared too. But I couldn't allow it to control my life. I am too young not to live it. Fortunately, I finally reached a moment when Dan was able to convince my parents to let me go with him to the pack house once again.

In these past weeks, I barely got to see him. I mean, he visited me every single day, but my dad didn't permit him stay for long. It was awful. I missed my mate, which is something I never thought I'd say. But he was so understanding and respectful of my parents and my situation. Not once he complained to me, which is more than I can say for myself.

We were driving back to his house. It was the day of the full moon ceremony, so it was my first time facing the pack since my incident.

"I am so excited to go back, you have no idea." - I told Dan as he drove. I was grinning the whole time since we left my home.

"Felix, I feel what you feel, I have an idea." - Dan snickered.

"Anyway, I can't believe the day I get to return to the pack house is the day of the full moon ceremony. Just my luck." - I whined.

"It's not a coincidence. I begged your parents to let me take you. I didn't want you to miss it. Plus, you're fine. It's not like you're convalescent." - Dan replied with a confident grin.

"That's fair. I'm not, thank Goddess. Let's just say, it's been a long time coming." - I say with a frown.

"Tell me about it." - He spoke, sounding very relieved.

We arrived at the pack house and went straight to the dining hall as it was time for lunch. Everyone was already waiting for us. They were surprised to see me. All the warriors and other pack members that lived over there greeted me as I entered. They all seemed happy to see me, which was nice. It's good to feel welcomed.

"Welcome back Luna, we missed you." - Nate said with a smile as we took our seats. Daphne was already there by his side, as she practically lived here these days.

No matter what meal we had or even if we were to skip one, nobody sat at our seats at the head of the table. Nor they eat before us, unless they receive prior notice Dan would be absent.

"I missed you all too, Nate. Specially the food, I'm not gonna lie." - I say in an amused tone.

"Oh, it's good to know you didn't come back for me, mate." - Dan joked.

"It's 50/50." - I snickered. He poked me at the shoulders.

"It's good to see you, cariño. We really missed you." - Rosa said as she caressed my hand.

"Thanks, Rosa. I missed you too." - I replied, smiling.

"Plus, we couldn't deal with my son moping around the house. It was hard to watch." - His dad joked. Daniel grimaced.

"You try being without your mate for a month and get back to me. I don't know how Nate is gonna handle it." - Dan blurted out, which of course caught Nate and Daphne's attention.

"I'm gonna visit her every weekend. It's not that long of a drive." - Nate told us. He looked apprehensive.

"I know, I'm sorry brother. I didn't mean anything by it." - Dan apologized.

"Yes dork, you say it like I'm going to abandon him. I can't let go of his..." - Daphne spoke. But I interrupted her.

"Giant werewolf..."