Bonus Chapter: Warrior

Nate

I guess you could say that the best part of living in the pack compound is being able to go from the woods to the gate then to your own house as a wolf without anyone batting an eye.

But that's not the best part, the best part is the community. I mean, life's a shared experience. And I was beaming with joy to being able to share it with my son. Of course, Daphne left our door half opened, cause wolves can't handle a door knob still.

We got inside and I mind linked John to shift back into human in the living room, as to not wake his brother or mother. I did it as well. There were towels ready for us there. After he's human again, I gave him one and told him to take a shower. I would too, but I'd use the other bathroom.

The next morning, Daphne didn't wake us till 10 a.m. She'd already fed our youngest and took him to the playground by the time we woke up.

"Morning, dad." - John says as he arrived in the kitchen.

"Morning, son. Did you sleep well?" - I asked him, still excited from our run.

"I slept great! I think I already dreamed with my mate." - He answered and I laughed out loud.

"I thought you could only dream about your mate at 17. And only if you were going to be Alpha or Luna." - Daphne pondered, looking puzzled.

"You're right, Daph. It's impossible for you to have dreamed about your mate yet, son. Maybe you just had a--" - I said it in between laughter.

"Got it dad, thanks. Now, I know." - He interrupted me, awkwardly.

"So, what happens now with my puppy?" - Daphne asked me.

"Mom, don't call me puppy! I'm a werewolf!" - John chastised her, his voice was boastful. He took his breakfast food and started eating as I did.

"Excuse me, then. What happens with..." - Daphne rephrases, I interrupt her.

"He starts warrior training Monday." - I replied, a serious tone took me over.

"Isn't he a little young to..."

"No, unfortunately I started when I was his age. It can't be helped." - I interrupted her again.

"But that means he will be in Denise's hands. I don't like that." - Daphne looked worried.

"I don't like it too. But she's the Delta. It's her job to oversee training. At least he'll be with family." - I argued.

"You're right, of course, I just don't like the idea of my baby--"

"Mom, I'm not your baby! I'm a man now!" - John interrupted her.

"Okay, first of all, men don't interrupt women when they're speaking. And yes, that goes to your father as well." - Daphne reprimanded. I looked at her surprised.

"Second, you're only 13. Calm your hormones down. There'll be a lot of time for you to be a man yet!" - Daphne continued. - "Just because you shifted doesn't mean you're suddenly a man! Breathe!" - She sounded pissed.

"What you're mother is saying: you still have a lot to learn yet till you become a man. And the first thing a man do is respect the women." - I told him.

"Yes, husband. Thanks for mansplaining that for me." - She snickered.

"Oh my Goddess! I'm on your side." - I croaked.

Later, we arrived at the pack house. By the time we got there, it's nearly lunch time. The Alpha family was in the living room, so we went there.

"Good morning, Huntingtons. How are you all doing?" - I greeted them with a smile.