Chapter 41: My Happy Ending

Daniel

A few days have passed since my ascension. But though I am an Alpha I still had to finish high school. We're at our lunch table, everyone is here including Felix and Daphne.

"Did you really visit all the widows of the men you've killed in the challenge?" - Tom asked me with some doubt in his eyes.

"Of course, it's tradition! I brought them all flowers!" - I answered in between bites of my food.

"And none of them slapped you?" - Mike joked.

"No one slaps the Alpha!" - I replied looking him dead in the eyes, making him uncomfortable. - "They understood that I had no choice. It wasn't my place to question the intention of the challengers but there's nothing I could do, they knew the rules so did I."

"I still think it's barbaric! And I can't believe you have to be prepared for it every full moon! I'm gonna have a heart attack!" - Felix whined.

"I know Felix, but I have no choice, it's those damn laws that I swore to obey." - I replied with an innocent look.

"And to think you almost were Luna for just one day. Someone could've delivered you flowers." - Denise joked, but Felix gave her such a glare that even she was uncomfortable.

"I mean, when that giant wolf bit you and you weren't moving, I genuinely thought..." - There was a pause. - "That I was free from having to clean the warriors' quarters!" - Carl joked. We all laughed but Felix.

"I thought he was going to die! That's why I said what I said!" - Felix yelled and brought the mood down instantly.

"I know, baby! I know!" - I comforted him with a chaste kiss.

"On a lighter note, my baby sister is approaching the age of consent. I wonder who's gonna be her mate!" - I said, looking at Denise with a smile. She is turning 17 next month and will be eligible to be found, in case her mate is older than her, like Nate and Daphne.

"How cool! Are you excited, Denise?" - Felix asked her.

"Not really, I'm good for now. I'm afraid my mate will want children and I don't want them whatsoever!" - Denise said in a somber tone.

"Guys, can you imagine if I'm Denise's mate?" - Mike chimed in. Everyone grimaced but none more than Denise.

"Now why would you say something like that? You know I can take you down, right?" - Denise threatened him. She could take any of us down. That much is clear by now.

"That's okay, I'm comfortable in my masculinity!" - Mike replied, grinning. - "I'm good with a strong mate!"

"Weren't you the one that got disappointed Dan wasn't your mate?" - Nate chimed in and everybody laughs.

"I mean, Dan is awesome but Denise is awesomer!" - He said it and we all laughed at him.

"Speaking of which, I'm turning 18 in a week and still no mate. Since the Alpha and Beta are already mated, thank you Goddess by the way! I mean, she could've at least paired me to Nate's 'giant werewolf penis'!" - Lauren looked serious and then she glanced at Nate, making him extremely uncomfortable.

"My Goddess, Lauren!" - I exclaimed, gobsmacked.

"See what you did, Daphne?" - Nate snickered. She was also gobsmacked at her.

"I swear, if the Goddess doesn't pair me with the future Delta, I'm gonna be very disappointed!" - Lauren admits in a sarcastic tone.

Unlike Alpha or Beta, Delta (head warrior) was chosen by the warriors among themselves in an election. But that only happens if the Delta steps down, retires or get killed. Evidently, he can be forced to step down if needed by the Alpha, but pack law says they'll always be chosen by the warriors.