Chapter 43: Bye, bye, bye

Felix

It was almost evening. We just got word from the gate that the Blood Moon Pack have arrived. They arrived in 4 cars, as anticipated, but they couldn't park near the pack house because of the full moon ceremony.

I mean, the entire space was already occupied with the podium and decorations. So they drove the cars as near the house as they could and our warriors would drive the cars back to the parking space near the gate.

For security reasons, there was only one gate in the entire compound. The rest was just giant walls with barbwire.

"They're here!" - Dan announced. - "Places, people!"

Per protocol, the entire family was at the entrance hall waiting to welcome the visitors. Dan and me were at the front, followed by Nate and Daphne. His father, mother, brother and sister were right behind us.

"Don't be nervous, cariño! It will be all right, no matter what! It's in the Goddess' hands now!" - Rosa told Denise, who naturally grimaced. She was not happy to be here. At all.

"Right! It's only my entire life on the line!" - She replied in a somber tone.

First, the Alpha and Luna of the pack entered, followed closely by their children. The warriors were right behind them and so were the rest of the entourage, presumably the unmated folk. Their Beta didn't come as he was left in charge of their pack.

"Welcome, Alpha Williams! Welcome Luna Ashley!" - Dan greeted them with a handshake. As it's customary, the Alphas bowed to each other and the rest of the people bowed to us, out of respect.

"This is my Luna, Felix Ford." - He continued, introducing me to them. I greeted them with a handshake and also bowed to the Alpha.

"Zeke, my friend! Welcome!" - Dan's dad hugged the other Alpha.

"Casper, welcome back to our house! It's so nice to see you!" - Dan greeted him with a hug. But he only had eyes to Denise.

"You know my Beta, Nate, this is his mate, Daphne Ford." - He introduced her to them.

"Wait? She's also named Ford? Are they siblings?" - Alpha Williams asked, surprised like everyone who came with him.

"Yes, we're twins!" - I explained to him.

"What a coincidence! 2 twin siblings, 2 human mates. The Goddess has a sense of humor!" - Alpha Zeke said with a smile.

"Definitely, she does. I mean, it was a shock for us too, to be honest!" - Dan admitted with a laughter.

Casper went to greet Denise, as he came near her, there was a daunting realization that dawn on them. They stared deeply at each other. And we all couldn't help but look at them.

"Nothing?" - Alpha Zeke asked him, anxiously.

"Sorry dad, it's not her!" - He admitted, very disappointingly.

"Thank Goddess!" - Denise exclaimed with a heavy sigh, making everyone stare at her awkwardly.

"Denise!" - Dan's dad shouted, gasped at her reaction, but not exactly surprised.

"It's okay princess, it's not like I was excited that you were my mate either! But dad was convinced it was you!" - Casper told her in an attempt to diffuse the awkwardness.

"My dad was convinced also!" - She deadpans.

"OK, so now that we got that out of the way, Luna Felix will take you to your rooms to freshen up. Shortly, there will be coffee and refreshments in the dining hall." - Dan spoke, diverting everyone's attention to me.