Chapter 18: Oops!...I Did It Again

Daphne

The next day at school I take the first opportunity I get to talk to Nate. As I approach him in the corridor, he started to smile, knowing I was coming to him.

"Good morning, everyone. Nate, can I talk to you for a sec?" - I said, seriously. They all greeted me back.

"Of course, let's go!" - He replied, separating himself from his pack as we went to talk somewhere else.

"Did you trick me yesterday? Because ever since we kissed, I..." - I said as I notice the grin in his face opens wider.

"Well, continue!" - He pleaded. But I looked at him suspiciously.

"I mean, did you use your" - I started whispering - "werewolf power on me to make me kiss you?" - I had barely finished the sentence and he started laughing out loud. Really, he wasn't discreet about it!

"No, we don't have that kind of power! I am a werewolf not a Jedi!" - He snickered, laughing at me.

"You don't need to be a jerk about it! I was just asking because I don't know!" - I reprimanded him. He stops laughing at me.

"You're right, I'm sorry! No, I did not trick you to kiss me. I asked you, remember?" - He replied in a light tone.

"Yes, I remember." - I deadpan. - "It's just now all I can think of is..." - I trailed off.

"What?" - He asked, looking at me quizzically.

The school bell rings. But before we move to go to class, I kiss him unexpectedly. He kissed me back, of course!

 He kissed me back, of course!

Nate

When I arrived home after school, Dan was waiting for me by the door. Literally! I thought we had a nice time talking last night, but this morning at breakfast he looked at me like he wanted to ask me something.

As soon as he saw me, he signal me to follow him to his room and so I did. I barely had time to close the door before he began talking.

"Nate, I'm sorry but I need to ask you something!" - He started, in a serious tone and I could tell this wasn't a light subject. We usually could talk about anything! There's no taboo between us! But if he's asking permission, here comes the bomb!

"Ask me anything, Dan, you know I'm an open book!" - I said as I sat in the chair.

"I mean, I wouldn't normally ask you this, but you're the only one of us who found his mate. And I can't exactly ask my parents about this!" - He replied and I was getting nervous by his tone.

"Dude, what is it? You're making me nervous!"- I said to him, anxiously.

"Did you ever sense when Daphne..." - He trailed off. I could sense the nervousness in his words.

"When Daphne what?" - I asked him, quizzically.

"When she came?" - He finally blurted. I could tell how uncomfortable he was. I was too, but now I'm more relieved to be honest!

"Oh." - I laughed at it. - "Is that it? Dan, you really scared me for a moment!" - I said to him with a heavy sigh.

"You're always so closed off about this, I thought you're going to think I was being a pervert!" - He confessed, some what relieved at my playful disposition.

"That might be true if it was any other person, but I know you! That's not who you are!" - I assured him.

"Thanks bro, I knew I could talk to you!" - Now, he seemed completely at ease.

"Of course! You know I would never judge you, right? I don't care who your mate is, I only care that she makes you happy!" - I said as I see him nodding with his head.

"Also, I don't care if you two had kinky sex in your dreams! Even if you're into S&M or whatever the hell you did in your dream!" - As I said this, he started laughing out loud.

"My point is there's nothing you can't tell me! There's nothing you could do or say that would make me turn my back to you!" - I reassured him in a sincere tone.

"I know, Nate, I know! But thanks for saying it! You're the best brother and Beta an Alpha could have asked for!" - He told me with a wide smile.

"But to answer your question, I haven't sensed it yet unfortunately. But I am looking forward to it!" - I stated with a grin. - "Wait, did you?" - I inquired.

"YES! Last night, it was the weirdest thing ever! I was just chilling in my bed, when suddenly I was hit by this wave of..." - He starts to explain, so static he's even gesticulating!

"Pleasure, like I was watching someone come right in front of me! It was the weirdest thing I've ever experienced in my life! It was like I was watching a play that I could only feel, but couldn't see or interact. You know?" - I could tell he was excited about it! I would be too if I were in his shoes, so I can relate.

"I'm telling you, you're in a for a treat!" - He smirked. - "I never had this with Lauren, you know! It's a complete different sensation when it's with your mate! I could feel his entire body shaking as he came..." - As he said that, then it hit me! He was so concentrated in telling the story, that he din't even realize it!

Now, everything comes crashing down on me: the recent events, the fight, the dreams, the secrecy, it all came down at me like a ton of bricks. My jaw was on the floor.