Chapter 38: Take on me

Daniel

"Nate, I can't do this without him! I mean literally I can't, but..." - I spoke in a gloomy tone.

"I got it!" - He replied, cutting me off. We were still at my room. Nate hasn't left my side since he and Mike came over earlier.

Now, Mike went back to his house to get ready for the ceremony. Not that there's any chance of that happening tonight! Not without Felix anyway! This isn't something we can do over face time! People need to see my eyes go pitch black when I find my mate.

It's part of the ceremony, it's why I can't see him before the time I get to the podium.

"Honestly, I'm starting to understand why unmated werewolves can't be Alphas. I always thought it was a stupid rule, but now I get it. I need the other part of my soul!" - I admitted to him, sobbing.

"Trust me, if anyone can relate it's me!" - Nate replied and I could feel the hurt in his voice. He too needed his soulmate.

The gathering was already raging on. The whole pack ground was crowded with werewolves from all around town. Families gathered to see the ascension. It was a once in a lifetime event as it only happened every 19 years or more.

Our allies also came in bulk. Needless to say, there were more people present than ever before in the history of our pack.

Mom barged in my room and she brought Daphne with her. Nate lunged at her so fast that one might think he was meeting his mate for the very first time, which is ironic since technically, I was! There's a saying among werewolves: 'if your eyes aren't black, it's not your mate'!

"Thanks mom, what did you do? Did you hypnotize Chief Ford?" - Nate snickered after he parted lips from her. But that took a good five minutes. I was in shock at her presence still.

"I didn't do anything, I jut showed up and their mom handed me them!" - Mom replied with her signature smile. I grinned so widely at hearing this and exhaled the biggest sigh of relief.

"It was Felix! I've never seen him like this! He gave this whole speech about how he was miserable before he got here. How you made him feel loved, seen, he even talked about Nate and how he cherished me... Honestly, you had to be there! He was unstoppable! Even my dad cried!" - Daphne told us, static. She was beaming with pride of her brother. And my eyes were watering at her words. So was my mom's. And Nate's.

"I do cherish you!" - Nate replied, looking goofy next to Daphne.

Tears fell from my face. I was so moved by it! Honestly, if anything NOW I'm positive he's my mate! Not that I had any doubt before! I mean, come the fuck on...

"He really loves you, Dan!" - She continued, also tearing up. Nate was crying too.

"People, there's no crying in the Ascension! Vamo nos! Dan needs to get ready. We're already late!" - Mom shouted, otherwise we would be sobbing for a good while.

They all left my room as I went to wash my face. I needed to pull myself together. There was a lot to go through tonight!

To start the ceremony, my dad took the microphone at the podium. The Alpha always speaks first!

"Good evening, fine folks! It seems we were just here the other night at the full moon ceremony and now we're back with my son's ascension!" - Dad started.

"I am a proud father as I'm sure most of you can relate, not only my mate and I raised our beautiful son, soon to be Alpha, but we also had the privilege to have raised the new Beta as well! I know some of you remember Beta Underwood, may the Goddess keeps him, as a great, just and strong Beta for the pack, but he was also my best friend. So, it's worth noting that his son carries a great tradition of Huntingtons and Underwoods running this pack together!"