Chapter 44: Words get in the way

Daniel

It's time to say goodbye to the Blood Moon pack folks, which now included Lauren and Mike. Everyone was at the entrance hall of the pack house, including all of our friends, mates and Mike and Lauren's parents.

"Take care of her Casper, she means a lot to me!" - I said to him with a firm handshake.

"I will, I promise!" - Casper replied confidently, while shaking my hand.

Everyone was feeling the love around the room. Tom and Carl hugged Mike tight. Even Denise hugged Lauren and Mike. She had tears in her eyes, which is not something we see everyday. I approach Caleb.

"Please take good care of my friend, Caleb. And if you ever get sick of Casper, know that you and Mike will always have a place here in our pack!" - I told him with a mischievous grin.

"Stop trying to poach my best warrior! He'll never get sick of me!" - Casper snickered.

"Thanks Alpha, I will take care of him, I promise. He'll be safer over there than the Luna!" - Caleb joked, making Lauren frown.

"I love you and will miss you, brother. In 2 weeks, it's gonna be Felix and Daphne's birthday. It would mean a lot if you and Caleb could come!" - I said to Mike as I hug him tightly.

"Oh, definitely we'll come! I wouldn't miss it for anything!" - Mike replied with a cheerful smile.

We continue the rounds of hugs and goodbyes till I reach Lauren.

"I can't believe it, Lauren! I should have known you were born to be a Luna. And you'll be the most beautiful Luna of the entire State, apart from Felix." - I told her with a tearful smile.

"Just the State?" - She joked. All the people present laughed. - "Thank you, Dan. I know you're going to be a great Alpha. And I would've been proud to stand by your side!" - She looked at me with joy in her eyes.

"I appreciate you saying that! But now I have to bring my 'A' game, cause I'm sure you'll push Casper and his pack to new heights as their Luna!" - I stated as I watch her eyes shimmer.

"Oh, he has no idea the storm that's coming to his pack!" - She agreed with a devious smile.

"Our pack!" - Casper corrected her, holding her close. Their eyes met and locked on each other.

"You two are also invited to Felix and Daphne's birthday party. Everyone here are!" - I spoke looking at the guests.

"Thanks, Dan. I'll definitely come!" - Lauren replied, smiling.

We watched as they embarked in their cars, now all seats are taken since they're returning with more people than they came, which was the point of the visit. The Alpha couple was full of joy for their son and his mate. But I was just happy for my friends who deserved to be complete as Felix makes me feel.

Later that evening, we're eating dinner at the dining hall. Now, just the people that lived in the pack house, plus Felix and Daphne.

"I'm so happy for them. I mean, I'm gonna miss Mike and Lauren, but I'm so glad they found their mates." - I stated. There was a sad smile on my face.

"Me too, brother." - Nate replied. - "Mike really needed this. And so did Lauren."

"I am happy for them too. It's just too bad they had to leave us." - Dad chimed in.

"Tell me about it! I can barely believe I only got Daphne for a few more months til she goes to college!" - Felix said with a gloomy tone.

"It's not the same thing, dork! I'm not leaving forever. I'll come back... eventually." - Daphne said as she poked Felix in the arm.