Chapter 26: Grenade

Felix

"OK, now you're really starting to scare me! What are you?" - I asked him, genuinely afraid of the answer.

"I am a werewolf!" - He answered in a matter of fact tone.

"Are you playing a prank on me or something? Cause this isn't funny!" - I said, feeling confused.

"No, I'm not! There's more. Nate is one too. So is everyone in my family." - He continued and I sincerely din't know what to think.

"Why are you doing this to me? I thought we're going to talk seriously!" - I told him, I'm starting to think this was a terrible idea.

"I am talking seriously! I apologize for the bluntness, but I had to tell you!" - He said in a sincere tone. He looked as if he was talking seriously, but he didn't make any sense!

"So, is this the part where you kill me?" - I croaked. I was genuinely scared.

"No, this is the part where I tell you: please don't run!" - He pleaded with a sad looking face.

"I'm thinking you would catch me if did, right?" - I said, nervously.

"Actually, you would barely take one step. But I'm not here to hurt you! I could never!" - He stated with a gloomy tone.

"Right!" - I replied, nervously.

"If it makes you feel any better, Daphne already knows it!" - He spoke and my jaw is left on the floor.

"What?!" - I yelled.

"Yes, Nate told her! He had to! She wanted to tell you, but my dad..." - He started but I interrupted him.

"Asked her not to tell anyone! You told me that already! I remember... Oh my God!" - And then it hits me.

"There is no bloodhound people!" - I exclaimed. He laughed at me.

"No, there never were! I just couldn't tell you I was a werewolf at school! So, I let you conjure up a concept that made sense to you." - He explained in a condescending tone. My eyebrows are shot up. My eyes are widened.

"Thanks for letting me make a fool out of myself!" - I croaked.

"I'm sorry! That wasn't my intention! I just couldn't lie to you!" - He justified, poorly if you asked me.

"So, if you're not going to hurt me, why are you telling me all this? Why now?" - I wondered, quizzically.

"Fair question. Remember when I told you're my soulmate? That's why!" - He replied.

His tone was so serious, so calm, you'd think he was talking about dinner plans or something!

"That's an even crazier explanation!" - I snickered. I was so gobsmacked at all this!

"You can call Daphne if you don't believe me! She's one too!" - He suggested it.

"One what?" - I questioned, sounding intrigued.

"She's Nate's soulmate! But because he's already 18, he found out the day that you two arrived in class!" - He informed me.

"Oh. Now, I get it! That's why his eyes were dark like yours were a little while ago?" - I wondered.

"Yes, but since I'm not 18 yet, I get little hints like dreams. Among other stuff." - He explained.

"What other stuff?" - I asked, curiously.

"You don't wanna know!" - He replied, his tone was amused, yet menacing.

"Seriously, after you dropped this whole bomb on me? Now, you're afraid to tell me something!" - I sassed him.