Chapter 35: I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

Daphne

After my dad carried my soulmate out the door in actual fucking handcuffs, I was inconsolable! Mom tried to comfort me by saying she was going to talk to dad, but I wouldn't stop crying! I literally cried myself to sleep in Felix's arms.

Honestly, it's good that I had him trough this, at least he could relate to my situation or empathize with me. It's not like I could talk to my mom about my mate!

The next day, mom took me to see an ob-gyn. She then examed me, took some blood and talked to me about my options. Mom was there holding my hand all the time. If I'm honest, it felt good having a supportive parent, for once. Especially one who is a medical professional. It's always been my dream to become a doctor just like her!

She gave me a doctor's note for school and said I could go home, but I told her honestly I didn't want to be alone. I preferred being with Felix and my friends. So, she gave me money and I took a cab to school.

I arrived sometime before lunch. Felix asked me how it was at the doctor's as soon as he saw me. I explained what I've learned from my consult and we continued with our classes.

At lunch break, I went to Dan's table to find out more about Nate and freaked out when I saw him over there eating. I ran to him and he met me with open arms. We held each other for what it felt like an eternity. And then we sat together at their table.

"How?!" - It was all I could muster from the shock.

"My dad's lawyer got them to set a bail. And my dad posted it. I was out this very morning. Honestly, my father threatened to call the Mayor if Chief Ford didn't release me. It was awesome!" - He explained, beaming with joy.

"I'm glad you're out, brother! I mean it!" - Dan said to him, touching his arm.

"We're glad too, Nate!" - Mike told him. But Tom and Carl were also looking at him happily.

"However, this is a serious charge and my lawyer said my best hope was to get your father to drop them." - Nate spoke, looking at me.

"I think there's a better chance that the President pardons you." - I snickered, but in a somber tone.

"You know I never wanted for this to happen, right?" - I told him. - "I don't know why you went to my house yesterday. You're crazy!" - I smiled faintly.

"I din't want you to think you're alone in this! This baby is mine too! I'll be there for you no matter what!" - Nate spoke in a confident tone. His head was high, he was adamant.

"Thanks Nate, I love you!" - I admitted.

As I said it, everyone looked at me gasped. Even I was surprised I said it. Dan was gobsmacked. But Nate was floored.

"I love you too!" - He spoke as he looked at me with lovesick eyes. And then we kissed.

"See Felix, be happy you're a guy and don't have to go through this! Can you imagine if Dan got YOU pregnant?" - I joked, poking at him.

"That's impossible! If anything, I got him pregnant..." - He said it and everyone's mouths were agape. I mean, everyone was surprised. And everybody stared at Dan, shocked at the revelation!

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to say it like that..." - Felix rushed to apologize to Dan, who was gobsmacked.

"That's okay, Felix. And here I thought werewolves were loud mouths!"- He snickered.

"Daniel Huntington, you keep surprising me everyday! I mean, when we were together you didn't even let me..."

"Lauren!" - Daniel screamed, interrupting her. "TMI!" - He spoke and we all laughed at his embarrassment.