CHAPTER 10

Anika

It was the next morning . It was currently 7 am  haldi would be at 10 am . I walked downstairs after brushing my teeth without waking up Ishika and Naina .

Going downstairs I met my parents who were having their morning tea .

They haven't talked to me a single time since I had tried to run away . If they had to tell me anything they would send one of the maid to inform me .

I didn't greeted them and directly went to the kitchen . I can't be upset today .

The cook gave me mine , Ishika's and Naina's breakfast and I took it upstairs .

They both were still sleeping . I woke them up and they went to brush their teeth .

We chatted as we ate breakfast . It was soon 9 pm so we decided to get ready quickly . I had wore a simple yellow colour outfit as Haldi was gonna be applied on me .

By 10 we were downstairs

By 10 we were downstairs . The garden was filled with guests . As I didn't had any relatives Mom and dad had called few of their friends and some neighbours .

Mom applied me haldi first and then all the married women applied me haldi . Naina couldn't apply me haldi as she wasn't married .

(As per traditions, only married females are allowed to become a part of the Haldi ceremony and apply turmeric paste on the bride or groom. The reason behind such tradition is that married ladies shower their blessings for a happy and healthy married life on the soon-to-be couple.)

It wasn't that I couldn't apply haldi on Naina . I took home haldi and applied on her . She looked at me with wide eyes but I just giggled as she won't be able to out haldi on me .

Ishika and Naina started a haldi fight between them then Ishika and I had a haldi fight .

Unlike any other wedding functions there wasn't any fun today morning as I didn't had any relatives only Ishika , Naina and I had enjoyed the haldi cermony .

"Dang only we three had fun this morning no one else",Ishika said .

"With the Malhotra's every function was so fun ",Naina said .

"You are right ",Ishika said .

That was so true I agree with them . The Malhotra family was fun .

________

It was soon evening I sat in front of the mirror as The makeup artist did it's job .

Not long enough I was ready .

The lehenga was pretty . I looked myself at the mirror as I smiled looking at my reflection .

The smile didn't last long as memories of my past flashed before me . I had to control my tears to fall . I shouldn't cry today It was my past I have to move on .