CHAPTER 11

Anika

My eyes opened due to phone alarm I put yesterday to wake up at 7 today. I quickly switched it off to note wake up Kabir .

My eyes went to the left side of the bed . Kabir was sleeping peacefully . I kept staring at him but then suddenly got off the bed .

This feels weird . I met him knowing he was Karan , Anuj and Laksh's friend during Karan's wedding , then met him again but this time he was my boss , and now he is my husband .

When will I be able to digest it that I'm married and that too , to none other than my boss .

Opening my suitcase I picked the saree I will wear till lunch today . I don't plan wearing it all day . It will be my first time wearing it and heck I don't even know how to wear one .

Glad we have youtube . Picking up my  inner wear and other things I went to the washroom .

After Doing my morning routine I took a shower and got out off the glass cubical . I was gald there was a glass cubical as the whole bathroom wasn't wet and I could wear my saree .

Wiping my self and wearing my innerwears , blouse and underskirt I dried my hair by hair dryer and then  took my phone , opened youtube and played the video of how to wear a saree .

After 30 minutes I was finally done . Gosh that was hard but I wore the saree perfectly .

Picking up my clothes from yesterday I dumped them in the laundry bag and got out of the room .

Kabir was still asleep . Checking the time It was 8 am now . I am sure all must be still asleep as the final ritual ended at 2 -3 am . So there was no need to panic . I would have slept in but then it was my first day here so I couldn't sleep in .

Going towards the dressing table I picked up the hair straightner which I had kept it earlier and straightened my hair . After I was done I did a very light makeup and wore my earrings and a bracelet .

I was done just then my eyes landed on the mangalsutra and sindoor

I was done just then my eyes landed on the mangalsutra and sindoor .

Should I wear it ?

Memories of past came in my mind as I closed my eyes . No it shouldn't bother me . Opening my eyes I took the mangalsutra and tied it around my neck then filled my partiton with sindoor .

I looked myself at the mirror and felt different seeing myself in mangalsutra and my hair partiton filled with sindoor .

My eyes closed again but I quickly opened it I shouldn't let my past bother me again . No it shouldn't .

I ignored all the thoughts and headed downstairs . I thought all would be still asleep but I was suprised too see now my father-in-law and mother-in-law sitting in the living room having their morning tea.