Part 22

Y/n's pov: 

Me and Lizzie had booked a hotel and stayed the previous night there before going to see my mother the next morning.

I got in the passenger seat and put my belt on.
Today was the day. I'd see the mother. Or the person who was supposed to be my mother.

Staring out the window, I knew Lizzie was looking at me. She hadn't even started the engine.
I felt her hand graze against mine, hoping I'd turn around. But I didn't.

" y/n, honey. Are you sure about this?"
Her soft voice spoke with words I couldn't even comprehend. I was to lost in my own mind. The worries about this day. About this woman. The women who I hadn't spoke to me in 12 years. Not even a call.. noth- "y/n"
Her voice was more stern this time, clicking me out of that worrying state.
I turned towards her and she cupped my cheek.
" are you sure about this?"  Lizzie repeated.

I honestly wanted to say no. No I'm not. But I've always wanted to make my mother proud. Show her I actually do have some worth. So I came out here. To see the woman I haven't seen or spoke to in 12 years. The woman who didn't give a shit when I was growing up, but yet I still haven't arms out for her whenever she needs them.

I nodded my head. I knew Lizzie didn't believe me
" y/n, is that the tr-"
" we need to go now, or we won't be there for the time she wanted." I spoke.
I think she was a little taken back at how I cut her off, even though she's just trying to help. But you see I always end up pushing people away, even if they are just trying see if I'm alright, read my character, my persona? But I don't let them in.
Lizzie is the only person who stayed. And the only person I let in.
" I'm- sorry I didn't mean to cut you off like that... I'm just a bit took back. We will talk later about this"
" no no it's fine, I understand your going through it all right now. We will talk later"
Lizzie leaned over the car giving me a kiss on the cheek before starting the engine.
The whole drive to the hospital she was checking if I was  okay, and if I wanted to turn around we could.

Honestly no one really knew about the relationship our family had. The only person who was there for me was my brother put he passed back in 2004. I got a message from his girlfriend saying he'd passed. We ran away together from my mother. My dad left a few months before that. My sister left a year before. And I haven't seen her since. I don't even know if she's dead or alive. I haven't had this talk with Lizzie yet but I will one day.

We were parked up. The hospital stood in front of us. The one I was born in-
The glass doors in the opening. Lights shining on the windows above from the sun.
" I guess it's time" I shrugged.
Lizzie looked at me knowing this was the last thing I wanted to do.
She got out of the car and came around to my side, opening the door that I hadn't even attempted to open.
" look, we don't have to go"
She put her hand on my knee, rubbing small circles over it.
" she's expecting me"
I got up and started to walk, Lizzie pulled me back by my hand, pulling me into her arms where I most feel at home.
She kissed my head as she pulled me into her closer.
" are you sure y/n"
I looked up at her, looking at her when I talk.
" it's only for a couple hours, don't worry" I faked a smile, but she could tell.
" okay okay, we'll I'm gonna give you a kiss to make you feel better"
I chuckled a bit.
" yeah, yeah that's right your kisses always make me feel letter"
She wrapped me in her arms and pressed her lips against mine, smiling against them making me smile too.
" see there's that beautiful smile of yours"
" Thank you, you always seem to make me feel better even if it's just little"
Lizzie took her hand in mine and we walked through the glass doors.

Lizzies pov:
We got the doors that the nurses sent us too, I seen a woman laid in the bed with a man sat on the chair, head in his hands. A girl, brown haired, shoulder length, sitting next to the man.
A man approached us and stood next to the wall. He looked like he was in his 20's, brown curly hair.
He raised his eyebrows at us. Looking between us. Confused. He looked as if he knew y/n but was trying to picture who I was.
" are you here to see Cathy?" He asked.
There was silence for awhile.
" yes, she's my mother." Y/n mumbled.
" wait. So your y/n? Cathy is your mother..?"
He looked almost astonished that it was y/n's mother.
" mhm, you look surprised. Wait who even are you?"
" oh yeah. Right you've never heard of me. Im Aaron. My girlfriend is in there. Alicia.. that means your her sister right?"
I looked at y/n. I didn't even know she had siblings.
I don't really know any of her family except her mother and father who I've never met.
Y/n looked taken back. At the name of Alicia.
She took the door handle in her hand and pushed the door open, she held onto my hand in the other hand.
Everyone looked up at her, the nurses included.
" dad.. Alicia?" She sounded heart broken.
I held her hand tighter. Aaron from before came in the room handing Alicia a glass of water before sitting next to her.
" come sit" her mother patted a seat next to her that was only one seat.
" no thanks I'll just sit here."
She shot her a glare before sitting down, putting her arm around my waist.

The room was silent until I heard little muffles from across the room.
" hey cheer up everyone? One I've changed, two the family's back together"
Her mother smiled before quickly fading waiting for a reply.
" that's what you said that last three times 'oh I've changed' you didn't? How do you expect us to believe that?"
I looked at y/n who looked emotionless.
I grabbed her hand, intwining my fingers with hers.
" and it's not a family fucking back together because where is Harry? I've always wondered, where...was Harry? Until I got the message of his girlfriend"
Her dad looked up again, sighing heavily " y/n, you know we can't do anything about that"
He looked her with a reassuring look, as if everything gonna be okay look.
" I know I know, I'm sorry."

It had been about an hour of talking, catching up, more arguments and y/n shouting at all of them.

" i know your probably wondering why your all here.."
her mothers voice seemed croaked and lifeless now as if a button had totally just changed her voice.
Alicia was staring at the ground, her boyfriend was comforting her, y/n's dad seemed to actually want to hear what she had to say. And y/n, well y/n was holding my hand still and looking down at her feet.
" I've got two days left" her mom blurts out.
Everyone's heads rises.
" what?! And you only decided to tell us now!?"
Alicia scoffs, shaking her head in advance.
" I'm so sorry Catherine" y/n's father mumbles putting his hand on the bed.
You should've seen the look on y/n's face. She was staring them down as if she was going to blow.
" what the fuck" she mumbled looking at me.
" them two divorced years ago, my dad said he would take us away from that psycho, he never did. Although he's the only one that was still in contact with me" she whispered.
And I knew there was more. But she'd have to sit down and tell me.
" what happened? How have you got two days left?"
Alicia crossed her arms waiting for a reply.
" lung cancer"
Y/n rolled her eyes.
" it's probably off all the smoking and stuff you did"
" you really don't give a fuck do you, y/n"
Her mothers voice was a bit more stern, but she laughed it off.
" I do give a fuck. Because I thought you would change and change I believed in you, but you let me down so many fucking times."
" I still go into tears when I think about the childhood i went through. Well sorry, we went through."
Y/n's voice started going croaky as if she was going to cry. It was breaking at the end of her sentences, her breathing was stammering.
" I'm sorry. I love you all, I messed up. I'm admitting it. And I can't forgive myself for it y/n. I never will. But I promise you. I. Have. Changed."

I could see that her mother meant it. But I don't know if y/n could.
I looked over at Alicia. She was looking at the ground biting the insides of her cheeks. Thinking.
Her lips parted " I can hear it in her voice. She means it."
She lifted her head up, looking at y/n who was looking back before turning her head towards her mom.
" so you changed? And you could be gone in the matter of two days? You've changed and we have 2 days to spend the time in a hospital with the mother we always wished for. Why didn't you tell us earlier?"
" I didn't think you'd come. I still didn't think you or Alicia would turn up today. Which I'm confused about because of what I did—
The doctors only told me a week ago how long I had. And you guys would've had to go through it all to get here. Y/n you live hours away on plane."
"How do you know? You've never texted either of us in 10 years or something."
" honey. Your an actor. Who is worldwide. Everyone knows you live in LA. You live with Elizabeth Olsen. I'm assuming that's you." She said looking at me.
" yes. Yes it is." I stammered.
" it's nice to meet you. Elizabeth." She tried to smile.
I smiled and y/n lay her head on my shoulder.

A few more hours past and there was almost nothing left to talk about. Y/n and her mother stopped arguing. Everyone was talking about what their doing in their life's now. Y/n introduced me properly as her girlfriend. A lot of shit happened. But now it's just silent. Again.
" you all best be going. It's getting dark. I don't want you driving in the dark" her mother looked over at y/n's father.
" I know it's been a whole load of mixed emotions today. But I'm sorry. And I mean it. I'm so glad I got to see you all before my last days. Thankyou. I mean it"

Everyone started giving each other hugs.
" Y/n. We gotta stay in contact. You need to catch up on stuff" Alicia chuckled.
They gave their numbers and smiled at each other before y/n turned to her dad.
Her father put his arms out and she leaned her head against his chest cuddling into him slightly.
" I love you. You both. Okay? And im gonna keep in contact."
We all slowly went out the door.
" y/n,"
Y/n stopped in her tracks.
" I love you okay." Her mother smiled weakly.
Y/n smiled as a tear went down her face before quickly wiping it away.

Man this chapter I feel like it's so bad 💀😭but I've been on and off with this since Christmas🧍‍♀️. So it's quite bad yes. It's quite long too. But anyways I'm sorry for not posting regularly. Im do busy with school and exams n stuff 😭