O n e

Just to say before you read, this was my first story and as all writers say, I'm very embarrassed of it. It contains a lot of clichés and is poorly written. I will edit it as soon as I have the chance. Remember, I warned you.

Okay so first chapter, it's kinda short but not all the chapter are gonna be this short.
-------
"No, I'm not taking that class again." I say to my friend, Camilla.

"Come on Brinleigh, I'm in that class." She said, trying to get me to stay.

"I don't care, I'm not running the mile two more times. I'm switching out." I tell her. Last quarter I got gym as an elective class, but you have to run the mile twice. I got it again this quarter and I'm certainly not running it again, if I can switch out.

I walked away from Camilla and over to the counseling office. On the door was a little folder taped to it, holding the pink schedule change forms. I grabbed one, and folded it, being too lazy to open up my bag and put it in my folder.

I walked over to Camilla, and we walked to our last class of the day, 8th hour.

_________

"Mom, can you sign this please?" I asked when I arrived home from school. Camilla had still been mad that I decided to switch classes, since she was in that class and knew no one other than me, so she ignored me all of last hour.

I handed my Mom the pink paper and a pen. "Sure thing, what other class are you planning to take?" She asked me, handing me the paper back after she signed it.

"I want to either take art, because they're wood burning, or Tech Ed. because Mr. Thomas is cool." I said. I filled in the paper's blank lines for what class I would like to switch into with those two choices.

The next day, I arrived to first hour right before the bell rang. The class listened to the announcements and did the pledge of allegiance like our regulate routine, then someone came in with a small slip from the office.

"This is for Brinleigh Atkinson." the office aid spoke to the class. I raised my hand and retrieved the slip.

I would like to see Brinleigh Atkinson at teachers aggression.
- Martha Framer (Counselor)

The paper read. I handed it my teacher and she shook her head, as in saying that I may leave.

I grabbed my bag and headed to the Counselor's office. I walked into the door and handed my paper to the lady at the desk. "Second door on the right" she said. I followed her directions and walked into the open door.

There was another lady sitting that the desk in the room. "Are you Brinleigh?" she asked. "Yes I am." I said and took a seat.

"Okay well, we got your schedule change paper and unfortunately art class is full and Tech Ed is a semester class, so your other options would be a computer class or leadership." she told me. I nodded my head.

"I'll take leadership." I said, not wanting to have to sit at a desk and type for 45 minutes in a computer class.

She wrote something on my slip and handed it back to me. "It's room C-108" she smiled.

I left and walked to the class, thinking if I had friends in leadership class, wondering who was all in it.