T h r e e

"Hey Dad, so I wanted to ask you something." I asked my Father when I got home. He was sitting on the couch and I was standing in front of him.

"What is it?" he asked nicely.

"Well, I wanted to see if a friend could come over to work on a project with me." I told him.

"Is this friend a boy?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, but this project is really important and he really needs my help to pass and-" "It's fine, as long as you're just doing school work and only if the project is important to your grade." he interrupted, I nodded.

"Yes it is important, thank you Dad!" I kissed his cheek and went upstairs to my room. I had to act all excited that Corey could come over because if my Dad saw that I didn't want him over, he would've said no, and that wouldn't be fair to Corey seeming how he wanted to make a good grade.

***

The next day, when I arrived to 3rd hour, the first thing Corey did was ask if he could come over.

"Yeah, my Dads totally fine with it." I told him.

"Really? I thought he was a preacher so he's overprotective?" he quoted my words from the day before.

"He is, but I told him how you wanted a good grade, and he's always on me about helping people so he's fine with it."

"Okay so I'll be over tomorrow?" he asked since it was Friday today.

"That's fine, here's my address. Come by anytime, I don't have a life so I'm always at home." I explained, scribbled my address on a piece of paper, and handed it to him. I wasn't really looking forward to tomorrow, but hey, the least I could do is help the uneducated.

The day seemed to go by pretty fast, except 7th hour. For some reason, it went by dramatically slow.

I stepped off the bus and headed to the direction of my house. The bus stop is about 3 or 4 houses from mine.

I walked up my driveway and noticed that neither of my parent's cars were they're so I'm assuming that they were working late.

I grabbed the key from under the mat that says "God is our Savior." Yeah, my family is serious about God and all.

When I walked in, I threw my bag on the couch and headed upstairs. I laid on my bed and started reading 11/22/63 by Stephen King.

My home phone started to ring about 10 minutes into my reading time. I quickly went to the nearest home phone in the house, which was in the hallway outside of my room, and answered the call.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hi, is this Brinkey?" he asked, unsure.

"Um, this is Brinleigh." I said, wondering if he accidentally said my name wrong or if he was actually looking for someone named 'Brinkey.' The boy on the phone sounded a little nervous.

"Oh! Um, sorry wrong number." he said and hung up.

I gave a weird look to the phone as if the boy on the other line could see, then started walking back to my room. When I was about to open my door, the phone started to ring again. I sighed and picked it up.

"Hello." I said irritatedly.

"Hi, is this Brinleigh?" the boy asked. It sounded just like the boy who just called.

"Yeah, but didn't you just call?" I asked.

"Uhh, N-no must've been someone else-" he nervously laughed "- this is Corey." he added.

"Oh hey, how'd you get my number?" I asked him.

"Phone books do exist, you know?" he laughed, causing me to laugh a little.

"Yeah, sorry, forgot about that. So what's up?" I said.

"Just making sure that I was coming to your house tomorrow. Is around 4 good?" he asked.

"Yeah that fine, whenever." I told him.

"Okay, well I guess I'll see you tomorrow, bye." he said.

"Bye." I replied and hung up.

________

Sorry this chapter kinda short. But that's okay.

Love y'all!