t w e n t y - f i v e

"Will you go out with me?"

"Huh?" I was trying to get my mind to process.

"Um, uh, w-will you go out with me?" he said more slowly.

Will you go out with me. The words rang through my head.

"Brinleigh?" he said, since I zoned out.

"Um, I'm not sure." I skeptically said.

"What do you mean?" he asked, confused.

"I don't really think that it's a good idea."

"Why wouldn't it be good?"

"We're just total opposites, and bad rumors would be spread around school." I told him.

"That's a lame excuse, you like me and I like you. Can't we just try to make this work." he pleaded.

"I still don't think it's a good idea."

"C'mon Brinleigh! Let's just give it a shot." he said. I sighed.

"Can I have some time to think?" I asked.

"No."

"No?"

"No." he said.

Screw it. I thought

"You know what? Why not?"

***

The next day Corey waited for me by the school entrance, we walked in together, making small talk on the way.

One of his friends walked past us, and wiggled his eyebrows, Corey rolled his eyes at him and his friend walked away.

"What was that about?" I asked

"Nothing." Corey just shrugged it off.

He walked me to my first hour and we stopped at the door.

"So, I guess I'll see you next hour?" he said.

"Yeah." I nodded. He smiled and embraced me into a hug.

"See you then." he said and walked away. I looked around to see people glancing at me. When I caught their eyes, they would quickly turn away like nothing happened, then whispered to their friends.

***
After first hour, I walked out into the hallway and started to walk to class, when I was interrupted by Camilla coming up to me.

"What the hell is all this talk about you and Corey?" she angrily said.

"Huh?"

"You know exactly what I mean, you and Corey hugged and then I find out that you two are dating?" she loudly said. "You know I like him!" by this time, people were looking at us.

"It's not like you liked him for a long time, you started liking him, like, 3 weeks ago!" I bitterly laughed.

"But I still liked him!"

"Who cares? You're acting like you're five." I told her and she rolled her eyes.

"You're the one that stole my guy from me!"

"You're guy? I don't see him trying to make an effort to to get to know you. I don't see him asking you out!"

"He was gonna! I could feel it!" Wow, that sure is convincing. Not.

"Yeah? Well, that's too bad that he doesn't like you." I said, then walked off, leaving her there.

_______________

I'm so sorry for not updating, Saturday I had formal, the Monday I went to the New Kids On The Block concert and only got 2 hours of sleep so my mom let me stay home yesterday and I slept all day aha.