t h i r t y

One Month later

"Brin! Wait up!" Corey called to me as I walked down the hall, I turned towards him and waited for him to arrive to me.

"I got you something." he said.

"What is it?" I asked as he pulled out a little box. He opened it to reveal a small ring.

"Brinleigh, I got you a ring to show that we're going steady. I know that it's only been a little over a month since we started to date, but I couldn't wait."

"Corey, it's beautiful." I said as he took the ring out and slipped it onto my finger.

"For a second there, I thought you were gonna ask me to marry you." I laughed.

"No. Not yet, hopefully." he smiled, which caused me to as well.

"Hey, you wanna come over after school today?" I asked him.

"But your Dad doesn't like me, remember?"

"I'm sure that you can clear things up."

***

"I don't think that this is a good idea." Corey told me, as I dragged him up to my front door.

"Don't worry, it'll be fine." I said, as I opened the door and led him inside.

We walked inside and he followed me to my parents bedroom door. I knocked and waited for a "Come in." from my Dad.

"Stay here." I told Corey and I opened the door to see my Mom watching TV and my Dad sitting in his recliner by their bed.

"Mom, Dad. There's something I have to tell you." I said.

"Sure, what is it Hun?" my Mom asked, even though she already knew that Corey and I were dating.

"Um, well-" I started "-I have a boyfriend." I slowly said.

"You do?" My Dad asked, and I nodded.

"It's about time." he said to himself. I mentally rolled my eyes and went over to the door opening it while saying-

"- and his name is Corey." That's when Corey walked in.

"Isn't that the boy that gave you those hickeys?" my Dad asked.

"Uh, yes Sir, and look, I'm really sorry about that. I just thought that maybe we could start over?" his voice squeaked on the last part.

"You know, I don't really appreciate you getting all touchy-touchy, feely-feely with my daughter-" he said and my heart dropped. "-but" my heat started racing "-I'm willing to let that go only this time, because you look like a nice boy." I looked over to my Mom to see her smiling.

"Thank you Mr. Atkinson." Corey said.

We all had dinner that night. My Dad really seemed to like Corey, they got along really well. He treated him like a son, and he didn't seem to mind us dating at all.

They liked all the same sports teams and he even talked about fashion with my Mom.

My parents said goodbye to Corey as he went back home, and I went upstairs to go to bed.

And that was the start of a beautiful relationship, between Corey and I.

But you know what they say, not everyone can have a happily ever after.

___________________

THIS WAS THE LAST CHAPTER AHHHHH

That last line was a hint of foreshadowing for my SEQUEL TO THIS BOOK AHAHAHAHAH

but I'm not posting it for a few weeks maybe even months.

Thank you all so much for all of your support while writing this book and I hope you all will enjoy the sequel!

I realized that there's actually 29 chapters bc I labeled wrong, so sorry for that.