T w o

I had requested to switch my 3rd hour, it being 2nd hour at the moment means that I would soon be going to my new class.

When the bell rung, I headed to C-108 with my sheet of paper. I entered and handed it to the teacher, Mrs. Winson, I think was her name. She told me to have a seat anywhere but it looks like all the desks with people I know are taken so if have to sit in the back. Mrs. Winson went over how they did bell work and what they were learning to me.

I started writing down the quote, from the board and onto my paper, as bell work and what it meant to me. "Corey, can you please read the quote and what you wrote down." the teacher said to a boy up front.

His name was Corey Haim, he's kind of "popular" I guess you can say. I don't really care for him because I've heard he's an airhead.

"The uncreative mind can spot wrong answers, but it takes a creative mind to spot wrong questions - Anthony Jay." he spoke. "And I said that if you have an uncreative mind that you spot wrong answers but if you spot wrong questions then you're creative." the class laughed at his answer.

"Well that's one way to re-read the quote in different words, um, Brinleigh, would you please share what you wrote?." she asked me.

"I said that in order to think in a creative way, you have to spot out the things in the world that are difficult to understand. Everyone can look at something and say something wrong about it but it takes a true intelligent mind to spot out wrong things like questions." by the time I was done, the whole class was silent and looking at me.

"Can you translate into English please?" The Corey boy said, making the class laugh again.

"Its actually not that hard to understand, maybe if you were smart then you would probably understand, but going off of your answer from earlier tells me otherwise." I said and gave him a sarcastic smile. The class 'ohhhed' and one guy even said "Burn."

"Okay class, let's get started on our assignment shall we?" Mrs. Winson spoke. "I know that it's the beginning of the 9 weeks but we're going to start a project that kind of goes with this quote. Get creative, because we're going to make a mind map. It's about 7 habits and you'll write them down and connect them to other things, whether it be good or bad. You may work in partners but you don't have too, I suggest you work outside of school also." she said.

Mrs. Winston kept talking until the bell rang. I was about to walk out of the class when someone came up to me.
"Hey Brinleigh, you being smart and all, I was wondering if you wanted to do the mind map project with me?" Corey asked.

"No, I'm fine, I can do it myself." I said, and tried to push past him.

"Please? I can already tell if I don't get someone smart to help me then I'll fail. Please help me with it." he said. I thought about it for a moment.

"Fine, come by my house Saturday and we can work I'll give you my address tomorrow because I have to run it by my parents first." I told him, he nodded his head.

"Wait, why do you have to ask your parents." he asked

"Well for one, my Dads a Preacher, which means he's overprotective and I don't think that he'll want a random boy showing up at my house wanting to work alone in my room." I said.

"Oh, right, okay well tell me tomorrow if I can come over or not." he said and I nodded then walked to my next class.

The day went by pretty fast. I was kind of scared to get home and ask my Dad if Corey could come over. I don't know how he'll react. I'll feel bad if he says no, because then Corey might fail, but if he says yes, then he has to spend more time with me, and I don't really want that.

I guess I'll just have to wait and find out what he says after school.

*******
Picture on side of what a mind map looks like

Happy Easter guys!
Thank you Lord for dying on the cross for my sins
(sorry if you don't believe in God but I do sooo)

Thanks to everyone for reading

I would like to dedicate this chapter to @jelena_shansel because she's voted, commented & was one of the first ones to read!