N i n e

I tried to ignore Corey for the next few days. By Thursday, I think he got the memo that I didn't really want to talk to him, so he skipped.

It was now Friday and I had no clue if I was still going to Corey's house tomorrow. I certainly didn't want to, that's for sure.

After school today, I have to go to the furniture store with my Mom to buy a new recliner for my Dad. That means that she's going to be picking me up from school, instead of riding the bus like usual.

The bell rung, signaling the end of the day. I walked to the west side of the building, where the car rider line was.

When my Mom pulled up, I got in the car.

"How was your day?" she asked.

"Good." I replied. "How was yours?" I asked her.

"Well your father was bugging me all day to get his new recliner fast, because he 'was old' and 'needed new cushion for his booty.'" I laughed.

***

We spent about an hour trying to find a new, comfy recliner. We finally found one that wasn't too expensive but nice.

My Dad was to come by the store tomorrow and pick it up with his truck, seeming as we had a car.

When we got home I walked inside and gave my Dad a hug and a "Hello."

While my Mom told him about the chair she found, I went upstairs to my room.

I pulled out my math homework and sat down on my bed, the work wasn't too hard but I still didn't want to do it.

After about 5 minutes of trying to work on a problem, I noticed that the light in my home phone, that was in my room, was blinking red, saying that I had a voicemail.

I pushed the voice mail button and waited for a message to come through the speakers.

"Um, Hey, It's Corey. I just wanted to talk to you, it's kinda important. If you can call me back sometime tonight, that'd be great. So, yeah, um, I guess I'll go now, bye."

I grabbed the phone and started to type in the numbers into the phone and waited for the ringing.

"Hello." Corey spoke when he answered.

"Hey, you called?" I said kind of irritated.

"Yeah, so are you still coming over tomorrow?" he asked.

"That's why you called?" I answered his question with a question.

"That, and I wanted to say sorry I guess." he said quietly. I paused for a minute until I spoke.

"For what?"

"You know, for being rude to you on Monday, just because you didn't want to skip, I should've said that you were on your period." he said. I sighed, instantly feeling bad.

"It's fine. Honestly, I should be apologizing, I was being rude too, so." I trailed off at the ending.

"It's okay, I don't mind." he said. "So you're still coming over right?"

"I guess I am." I told him.

"Okay good, look, I'll talk to you later okay? I have to go eat dinner." he told me, and we both said goodbye before hanging up.

What did he mean when he said 'good'?

____________________

This is kinda a filler chapter

I didn't want to rush things between them so yeah.