t w e n t y - f o u r

I walked outside my house and into my front yard. It was a beautiful day outside, so I took a seat in one of my patio chairs on my porch.

I was holding the book that I was in the middle of reading. Pet Sematary by Stephen King. I wasn't even half way done with it, but it sure was scary.

I opened it up and started to read the words that were plastered on the small pages.

I absolutely loved reading, I love the feeling of pretending that you're someone else, in another world even. It was truly amazing.

I got to the part where Louis found out the cat was dead, when someone interrupted me.

"Brinleigh!" Camilla waved. I mentally sighed. I got up, setting my book down, and walked over to her.

"Hey." I fake smiled, I don't know why, but lately I haven't wanted to talk to her.

"Hey, you wanna come over?" she asked.

"Um, I don't know." I said.

"C'mon! We've hardly talked in, like, a week." she dramatically wined.

"Okay, sure, I guess." I said, and held up one finger, signaling to hold on.

I ran up the steps to my front door, and ran inside.

"Dad, can I go over to Camilla's for a while?" I asked.

"You've been over there a lot lately, but okay." he said.

If only you knew. I thought.

I walked back outside to where Camilla was waiting. We began to walk over to her house.

"So what's been going on?" she asked.

"Nothing really, my Mom got a new haircut." I shrugged, deciding against telling her about Corey.

"Well, my Mom got me new shoes." she said and walked over to her closet, pulling out a pair of heels.

That's the one thing I don't like about Camilla, she's always bragging about her money. It's annoying.

"So, what about you and Corey?" I questioned.

"Oh." she looked down. "He doesn't talk to me anymore."

"Why would he-" I was interrupted by her Mom knocking on the door.

"Brinleigh, your Mom called, she said you had an urgent phone call." I nodded and said goodbye to Camilla.

I ran home and inside the house, to where my Mom was.

"Here." she handed me the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Brinleigh?" Corey spoke.

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you an important question?"

"Of course." I said.

"Do you like me?"

"Do I like you?" I questioned.

"Yeah."

"Um, Yeah." I confidently said, he already admitted into liking me so why not?

"You do?" he sounded surprised.

"Uh-huh."

"O-Okay, well I have one more question."

"Go on."

"Will you go out with me?"

____________________

cLIFFHANGER AHAHAHAH

SORRY