I

I stared into hundreds of eyes. My back ached, and I was swaying from the blood loss from my punishment yesterday.

No one will bid on me. My hair is lifeless and caked with dirt, despite today's cold bath. My eyes stick out because the rest of my face sunk in from lack of hydration.

I look like an abandoned rag doll.

If no one bids, I am stuck with him. Obviously, he is tired of me so I'm as good as dead.

"You know the rules, hand behind your back and stick your chest out. Like there is anything there. Never look anyone in the eye. Your a slave. A servant. You don't deserve it." The auctioneer snickers.

"Alright let's start at $1500!" He shouts.

A handful of people raise there hands.

It goes on till $5000. May not seem like a lot, but I am considered used and worthless.

"Sold to the boys in the back for $5000! Come collect your slave boys!"

I start shaking in fear. Two boys is never good.

I know the auctioneer wanted to say a snarky comment but now I am the boys' property. He'd be in serious trouble.

The boys walked up to the platform where I was standing. I didn't look at them, I couldn't. I had to keep my eyes cast downward.

They whispered to each other.

"Come on. Time to go."

I winced feeling one of my cuts open.

The walked in front of me, occasionally glancing behind them.

We reached a very nice carriage, with two beautiful white horses. It looked like it came straight from a fairytale.

"I'll ride in the front to guide the horses." One said. The other opened the door.

"You first." He said, almost gently.

A gasp behind me almost made me turn around until I remembered my place.

Before I could step forward, I was pulled backward.

"Your back is bleeding very badly. You might faint from blood loss." He didn't request me to speak or look at him, so I remained silent.

"Speak." He said softly, tilting my chin up.

He had a snake tattoo behind his ear. He was young, my age, if I knew my age.

"Sorry, sir." I whispered, swaying again from blood loss.

"It's not your doing, I suppose. Let's hurry and get you back. We need to clean it up. No matter what, do not fall asleep." I winced at his slight authority. It's not bad.

I just know his care and sweetness is an act. I wonder how the other man acts.

I climb into the carriage, and take a seat.

"I'm Uriah, by the way. Tell me your name."

He wants to know my name? How peculiar.

"It's Tris, sir."

"Four will love you. I know it."

I want to question who Four is but I didn't want to pry. Besides, I have no permission.

I felt Uriah look at me.

"Four is the master. He doesn't bid on us to do his work or to use us as a personal punching bag, he wants us as friends. He feels as though the world of today is cruel, and certain people deserve what they get and others don't. He has a full house already, but wanted a new edition. Preferably a girl because there are more boys." I saw him smile.

What? No serving? This almost sounds like freedom.

I get it, they want me to screw up so they have a reason to hurt me.

I struggled to keep my eyes open. I was so tired.

The house was huge, and full of life.

Windows were highlighted with soft lights, the doors painted a soft gentle brown. It almost felt homey.

"Come on."

I stood up, nearly falling down.

"Quickly." He whispered.

I felt woozy.

"You know what? I'll just carry you." I quickly shook my head. I didn't like the touch of any male. I just have to except it from my master.

Despite my protests, he scooped me up and ran.

When he got inside he yelled for help.

I struggled to not fall asleep in this stupid guy's arms.

He slapped my cheek gently, "Stay awake."

I wish I had another chance to glance at all the magnificent things.

He layed me on a bed, face down.

"To make you more comfortable, the girls will fix you up, not me." He smiled and walked out.

I heard a feminine voice behind me, "Okay it's just girls in here, take off your shirt."

I'm a slave, having to do what everyone says, so I relunctantly pull off my shirt.

I heard someone suck in a breath.

"Please don't say anything." I whispered.

"I'm going to stich you up, okay?" Like I had a choice.

I whimpered when I felt my back being sewn together. The pain was bearable compared to what I have experienced.

"Don't fall asleep." She whispered after she finished.

She helped me sit up "I'm Christina. That's Marlene, Lynn and Shauna. Your Tris, right?"

I nodded.

"Cool! Isn't Uriah such a gentleman?" I think Marlene said dreamily.

Everyone chuckled, I guessed I missed some inside joke or something.

"Marlene and Uriah like each other but won't admit it." Shauna said, giggling.

"After dinner, we will give you a tour. This place is magnificent. Four is a bit closed off, but he will warm up to you.

What? Seriously, no work? Nothing?

"Can you stand?" I stood up.

"Okay, let's go to dinner."

A/N: Hi! Happy Easter! So updates will be slightly slower because each chapter is going to be about 900 words. This one is 915. Umm, leave me a nice comment on what you think:)

Slushie