XIII

"I have five fingers," Tobias shows me his hand, "And then I add these four. How many do we have?"

What does this have to do with fingers?

He was trying to teach me what he called "simple math". Considering we just started, I was already confused.

I just stare at his big hands, and then look down at mine. Why are his hands so big? Why are mine so little?

I place my hand on Tobias', staring at the comparison with wide eyes.

"What are you doing, kitten?" He chuckles.

"Why are your hands so big?"

He gives me a smile, "I really don't know. We are trying to do math, remember?"

I shrug and watch as he repeats everything.

"I'm confused." I mumble, my cheeks burning.

"That's alright. Just count all the fingers I am holding up."

___________________

"I have an idea." Tobias says suddenly.

I groan and sprawl onto my back, "But I'm done with math."

Tobias gives a deep beautiful laugh, "It has nothing to do with math, kitten. We are done with that for the day."

"What is your idea?" I yawn.

"It involves-"

"Oh! Does it involve that yummy creamy ice stuff? Is that it?" I bounce with excitement.

He laughs again, "No, silly. I think we should-"

I curl against him, resting my head on his lap, "What is it?"

"I think we should have a ball."

"A ball? What's that?" I ask, my eyes drooping slowly.

Tobias smiles and strokes my hair gently, lulling me into a peaceful sleep.

"I will tell you when you wake, kitten."

___________________________________

"It's so itchy!" I complain, tugging at the hideous sleeves of this hideous dress.

"Aww- you look adorable." Marlene gushes, walking over to tighten the corset.

"I can't breath." I gasp. Is this supposed to happen?

"Oh shush, beauty hurts."

"Well then, I don't like beauty." I pout, plopping onto the floor, resting my hips from the heavy dress.

"This is taking forever. We need to find you a dress." Shauna murmurs, walking to my closet, going through the different dresses.

I don't see the need to fuss. The ball wasn't for another week. That's plenty of time, right?

"This one's perfect! I know it. Stand up and let's try it on." Marlene claps, practically jumping up and down.

I try to get up, but I end up only squirming. I keep trying, growing frustrated, "I'm stuck."

Bossy growls, "You can't be serious."

I attempt to push myself up with my hands but some how I topple backwards.

I give a serious of giggles. The feeling of being trapped on the floor by a dress seems oddly ridiculous.

Shauna and Marlene tug on my arms, desperate to free me.

When they fail, Marlene mutters "I will go get Four."

Once she leaves Shauna cracks up, falling into a hysterical heap beside me.

"I can't believe you got stuck." She wipes a tear.

I flash her a smile before continuing to squirm. This dress is so scratchy.

"Please help this desperate being." Marlene pleads, tugging in a chuckling Tobias.

He looks at me and shakes his head, before landing me swiftly on my feet. "There you are, my poofy princess."

(I rushed a little cause I am suppose to be sleeping but I really like it. If you find a mistake, point it out. ♡ Slushie)