VI

Four gently blots at my bloody nose.

"Thank you, sir." I murmur.

My hands shake, and tears start falling again.

"Can I go to my room, master?" The events had caused me trauma. It rooted itself down in my soul, spiraling and growing until it was caged completely.

"Don't start that. I am no one's master and I forbade you to call me that." He spit.

My eyes widen in shock, and I run.

I run to my room and lock the door.

Just as a precaution from his anger, I curl myself in the closet and lock that door.

I was okay, for now.

I let my thoughts roam, uncensored and flashing horrific nightmares behind my tightly shut eyes. The one that stuck out the most was of Four, his eyes darkened with anger, his body, tense.

I shuddered and let the tears fall. I wish someone would just understand.

I was mentally wounded. I was a broken used toy that would never see the light of day again.

____________________________

I crane my sore neck. I had fallen asleep curled in the corner of my closet, unknowingly.

As quietly as possibly, I creeped out of the closet.

The moon shined through my open window, snow laying fresh on the sill.

I know Four will look for me tomorrow. I can't stay hidden in this room, with little places to hide.

I grabbed my quilt and tiptoed from my room.

I made it to the kitchen, hoping they have an empty cabinet I could fit in.

In the kitchen was a huge island, a set of doors on each of the four sides.

One of the larger sides was empty, dusty from being unused.

I let my lips curl in satisfaction, a new spot.

The cabinets had locks inside, meant for the bathing quarter.

They could easily be unlocked from the outside, but I'm hoping that they will think it's locked for a reason.

I curl up, satisfied, and drift off.

___________________________

"Have you seen her?"

"Who?"

"Kitten-er Tris!"

Four's urgent voice arouses me from my sleep.

"Haven't seen her, sorry Four." Marlene says.

"Shes not in her room."

"So? She is just out and about today, be glad. Pancakes okay this morning?" Shauna asks. Pan-cakes...Interesting.

"No, you don't understand, I yelled at her last night."

Gasps filled the room. Why was that a big deal?

A smacking sound filled the room causing me to flinch, my body jerking against the hollow cabinet.

"How dare you yell at that poor thing, Four! She's afraid, so deeply afraid, and she was slowly warming up to us." Shauna hissed angrily.

"She called me master!"

"What does it matter? She was traumatized yesterday."

He sighed, "Where would that little kitten hide?" I heard him leave the room and I quietly sighed in relief.

The kitchen was silent and a great place to hang out. The smell of food was wonderful, the conversations entertaining, and the silence was relaxing.

You'd think I'd be cramped, but I was comfortable.

At one point, they left bread on the counter and I got out to grab it.

I've been snacking on it for most of the day. It was really enjoyable.

For one moment of my life, I almost laughed at the confusion it caused.

"You never can keep track of that damn bread. I told you to leave it on the counter."

"I did!"

"Oh so now we have gigantic mice in this place. Wonderful."

I knew that it was night time when the house fell silent.

Except for a lone pair of footsteps.

"Tris?"

Silence.

"I know you're in here."

I heard his footsteps get closer, causing me to involuntarily flinch.

My knee hit the side with a loud bang.

I heard Four laugh softly, "Come on out. I know your in here, now."

The cabinet doors swung open suddenly, but I jerked back, shaking.

Four pulled me out and into his lap.

"Kitten! I've been so worried. I'm so sorry for yesterday. Forgive me?"

I squirmed to get out of his hold. The feeling his arms gave me, caused shudders to run down my spine, good and bad.

"Please."

I squirmed and kicked wanting to go back into hiding.

"Shh kitten, I'm not going to hurt you. Just calm down."

He pulled my head to his neck, cradling me gently.

Why did this feel so right?

I relaxed a moment before squirming again.

"I wish you'd trust me."

He stood up and sat me on the counter.

"You really need to eat, for your sake. Please."

I nodded, I was kind of hungry.

He gave me a small smile. Why did I forgive him so fast? Why do I trust him like this?

Why does he care?

He placed a bowl in front of me, containing rice and...

"Chicken. It's good, I promise." His words were soft and light, gentle and soothing.

I ate slowly, shifting under his gaze.

After I was done, he pulled me into his arms again, "I was so worried, Kitten. I don't want you to hate me. I don't want you to be scared. I just want your trust. Can we work on that, please?"

His sincere eyes bored into mine and I nodded.

"I know I have to much energy to sleep. Want to play a game?"

I cringed. A game? Did he mean-

"No, Tris, like hide and go seek."

I peaked up at him. What?

"Here's how you play-"

(Check out my new story She Wolf! It's not a fan fiction)