IX

When I arrived back at the house, a frantic Four was standing on the porch.

"I've been looking every where for you. God, I was so worried kitten," He pulled me in for a hug. "The sheriff would have had my back if he knew I had lost a piece of property."

"Property?" I squeaked, offended. So it was a trick. He got me to open up and now he was showing his true colors. I was nothing. My stomach twisted with the thought.

"No, I-"

"I'm sorry for worrying you, sir. Please forgive me." I bowed my head in respect.

"Kitten-"

I cut him off again, "May I be excused? I will await my punishment in my room, master."

I didn't wait for an answer. I trudged through the house and into the sleeping quarter. Why did this hurt so much? Why can't I live in that once known tranquility and be happy?

Perhaps, I am just a bad person. Nobody wants me. I am used. Worthless.

Four will end up selling me to another sadist or kill me himself.

I locked the door, and placed a chair under the knob so it couldn't be turned.

I sunk to my knees. This pain didn't seem physical nor mental. It just felt as if someone was stabbing my heart, and churning my stomach.

I dry heaved against the floor, my throat burning with my stomach acid. I hadn't eaten in a while.

Maybe I could just starve to death.

Those swallow-y things Christina gave me told me not to take more than two at one point. What happens if I take the whole bottle?

Will I be able to leave? Maybe I will see my parents. I heard that I had a sister. Escaping this world would mean I go to theirs. Right?

I let out a joyous sob. I could be free from this trap of a life.

I went to the bathroom and found the bottle.

The label said in bold letters to not take more than two because possible death could occur.

There was only ten left in the bottle. I counted, something Four taught me.

A rippled of pain courses through my body. If he truly cared, he'd be here, saving me, telling me that I was okay, when I wasn't.

Now avenged by anger, I took a pill. It hurt swallowing it dry, and this would be a slow process.

I deserved it. I deserved a slow painful death, for I caused many people sick misery.

"Tris!" A voice shouted outside the door. I quickly took another. Two.

The door rattled with Four's sheer force against it.

"Open up." He cried. The chair holding the knob fell, startling me.

I dropped the pills.

"No." I sobbed to myself, my road out of this place was scattered on the ground.

I scrambled to pick them up but the door fell in.

Four stood there in panic, while I tried to shove another in my mouth.

I wretched and cried in agony. It hurt.

"Tris." Four walked towards me like I was a shy animal.

He grabbed my pill-filled hand and tried to take them away.

"No!" I screamed, my voice hoarse and broken, "They are mine! I need to die."

I chanted that until Four yanked me in his lap.

"I can't lose you, Tris. You can't leave me like the others! You promised. You promised. You said you trusted me. You said you wouldn't leave. Why are you trying to leave?" He sounded wounded. He rocked me back and forth on his lap, his face buried in my hair.

"I need to go Four. I'm a messed up piece of property. You can let me go. I don't matter." I let tears fall. It was true, I didn't matter.

"Stop saying that."

"Why? It's true."

"It's not true!" He shouted, pulling me tighter, "I love you too much to let you go."

My tears stop, "Love?" I murmur.

"Yes, love. I love you. Okay? I can't let you go."

I didn't belive him for a second.

I forcibly swallowed the third and fourth pill right in front of him.

"Why?" He screamed. "Why can't you see that you can't leave me. It hurts too much. Please, don't go. I love you." I sobbed as he sobbed.

"I'm sorry." I croak. The pressure of the pills build up inside me. They work quick, due to my empty stomach.

A burning pain in my abdomen had me curled up in a ball, screaming with pain.

Finally. Maybe it will be over soon.

I groaned as the pain grew stronger.

It become too intense to bare.

With Four's shouts in the background, I black out, the pain fresh in my mind.

Follow me,

Slushie