XXII

I quickly put my hand over Uriah's  mouth, "Shhh, be quiet. Now let me go." I watch as his figure gets closer.

Ignoring me, he tugs me closer to my hell.

Wincing, I think of all of my ways to escape. They all involve hitting Uriah.

Stopping completely, I take his other hand, watching his eyes move with my actions.

I bite down on his finger, waiting until he yells and uses his other hand to push me away, freeing me in the process.

With my adrenaline pumping, I bolt as fast as I can. I have to get away.

I hear Four yell, his footsteps loud and demanding.

I can do it. I chant in my head, pushing myself faster.

I drive myself further and further, until I trip over my own feet, tumbling, landing on my hands and knees. The grass stains my palms, my legs bleeding from the impact.

The footsteps get closer until they are right there.

Staying on my bloody knees, I put my head in my hands. It's too late. I'm never going to be free now.

Sobs rack my body. Will he even let me say goodbye?

"Tris." His voice is soft, coming out as a sad whimper.

I ignore him, continuing to cry. There was such a deep ache, pain even. It's as though my blood has become acid, intent of destroying me from the inside out.

"It's time to go." That's all he has to say? I can't believe we are back to this again-- I thought he would be my night in shining armor, claiming it was all just a big misunderstanding.

Fine. "I'm sorry, sir." I hang my head in shame.

"It's okay." He mutters.

I blow up, cursing for the first time, "What the hell is wrong with you? I thought you loved me. It was all a stupid game to you, wasn't it? You chased me all the way here, just to go back to where we were? I didn't do anything wrong, and you know it. Don't put this on me just because you're such a damn idiot."

I stalk past him, hugging myself. I didn't do anything wrong, right?

Walking into Tori's house, she greets me with open arms, "I did everything I could. I can't mess much with a man with power," She sighs, "Let's get you cleaned up, stall some time. Okay? I hate to say our goodbyes like this."

She leads me to her bathroom, cleaning my cuts with care.

I start crying again. I don't want to leave here. I don't want to go back with those strangers who dislike me.

"You'll be okay." Tori says gently, wrapping her arms around me.

Uriah knocks on the door, poking his head in, "It's time to leave Tris."

"Please don't let them take me," I choke, burying my face in her neck, her arms tightening around me, "I don't want to go. Please." My sobs turn hysterical. I start kicking and screaming as Uriah tugs me away.

"We've got a long ride back, Tris. Let's go." Tugging me completely from her arms, I scream even louder.

"You can't do this! It's not fair!" I screech, my voice breaking and going hoarse.

He places me in the big carriage, setting me on the empty bench. He sits next to him.

My cries turn to whimpers, and exhaustion hits me. I end up falling asleep right then.

(Two things:
Comment
And Follow me.)