[1.1.1]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘖𝘯𝘦
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘋𝘪𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳
𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘘𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘯'𝘴 𝘌𝘺𝘦

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘋𝘪𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘖𝘯𝘦: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘘𝘶𝘦𝘦𝘯'𝘴 𝘌𝘺𝘦

______________________
Lady Whistledown's
SOCIETY PAPERS

Grosvenor Square, 1813.

Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season.

Consider the household of the Baron Featherington.
Three misses foisted upon the marriage market like sorrowful sows by their tasteless, tactless mama.

Far better odds might exist in the household of the widowed Viscountess Bridgerton.
A shockingly prolific family, noted for its bounty of perfectly handsome sons and perfectly beautiful daughters.

How very perfect, indeed!

______________________

"Mama?" I poked my head out of my door and peered down the long hallway. "Mama!"

"Coming my dear," my mother chimed, the sound of her footsteps slowly grew louder as she made her way up the atrociously large staircase that we had. "What is it?"

"Have you seen the jewelry that I was supposed to wear for the presentation?"

Mama let out a huff and nudged me into the room, helping me to locate and put on my jewelry before father and Henry inevitably shouted at us to hurry.

"Are you ready my dear?" Mother turned to look at me in the mirror, a small smile appearing on her face. "You look lovely, Florence. Truly."

"Thank you, mama," I offer her the most confident smile that I could.

She does one more adjustment of the tiara on my head before the two of us walk out of the bedroom and towards the carriage, where father and Henry were already waiting.

______________________

Today is a most important day, and for some a terrifying one, for today is the day London's marriage-minded misses are presented to her Majesty the Queen.

May God have mercy on their souls.

______________________

The Featherington's were called up first, causing the room to quiet suddenly.

All the girls and their mama's watched intently as they stepped forwards and readied themselves for the doors to open.