[1.5.17]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘖𝘯𝘦
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘶𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘈𝘯 𝘌𝘯𝘨𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵... 𝘰𝘳 𝘛𝘸𝘰

______________________Lady Whistledown's SOCIETY PAPERS

Lady Whistledown's
SOCIETY PAPERS

One may say modesty is a virtue, yet this author is hardly a virtuous woman. It is therefore my great pleasure to announce the news others questioned, but I never doubted.

The diamond of the season has made her match, officially betrothed to the Duke of Hastings.
______________________

"The Duke of Hastings!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around Daphne and grinning at her, "congratulations! I mean, despite every mama in town being infuriated by the news, I do think that you have accomplished something quite wonderful indeed!"

Daphne chuckles weakly as she looks at me, "yes, we are so... excited."

"Well... I must get going! Frederick asked me to promenade this morning!" I say, standing up and pulling her into yet another hug, "but truly, Daph, congratulations on your engagement..."

"Perhaps I will see you there then," Daphne noted, a weak smile appearing on her face as she turned to look at me, "the Duke and I are to promenade this morning as well... ten o'clock to be more exact."

"Well then, we shall see you there," I say, beaming at her.

______________________

The bride, undoubtedly, is giddy with anticipation over the impending nuptials... an event that will apparently take place sooner rather than later.

______________________

"Oh Frederick, it was wonderful, was it not! Imagine... Daphne and Simon... they will be a wonderful family," I say.

"Well based on the Duke's attendance record this morning, it will be a miracle if he arrives at his own wedding on time," Frederick mutters, "where ever could he be?"

"There he is!" Lady Bridgerton called, smiling widely towards the man in question.

"Well," Lady Danbury calls out, obviously unimpressed by the Duke's appearance. "Do not make haste on our account."

"A most heartfelt congratulations, Your Grace," mama greeted, offering the Duke a small curtsy and nod of the head.

"I look forward to counting you as part of our family," Lady Bridgerton greeted.