[1.6.20]

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘖𝘯𝘦
𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘚𝘪𝘹: 𝘚𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩
𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺: 𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘢 𝘛𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘴𝘰𝘯

𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯: 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘌𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘚𝘪𝘹: 𝘚𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺: 𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘢 𝘛𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘴𝘰𝘯

______________________
Lady Whistledown's
SOCIETY PAPERS

While this author, along with the rest of the Ton, will certainly miss it two most-remarked-upon couples back in London, perhaps we might find solace in the promise of the newly married Duke and Duchess of Hastings returning to us bearing a surprise.

Not to forget the ever-visible Duke and Duchess of Windsor, who this author has heard Her Majesty herself gifted a fine manor to. After only days since their marriage, they have been seen promenading about London, leaving this author to wonder when we should expect to see a new addition to the Windsor family.

______________________

"Really, it is a wonderful thing," I say, taking a step away from Frederick to greet Cressida.

"Your Grace," Cressida teases, dropping into the lowest curtsy I have ever seen her do. "I am honored to find myself in your presence."

"Oh, shush, Cress," I mumble, pulling her back up and smiling at her, "you know that you're my dearest friend... besides, it feels far too strange to see you curtsying to me."

Cressida snickers and looks around at the garden party, "Mister Bridgerton and Miss Thompson seem rather close... do you think that they'll be announcing anything anytime soon?"

"I would not be completely surprised if they are not engaged by the end of the season," I admit.

At the center of the garden, Collin taps on the side of this glass, looking around the party with a smile. "May I have everyone's attention?"

We all fall silent, even Hyacinth and Gregory stop running around to look at their older brother in confusion.

"I would like to make a small but rather important announcement," he continues, "I have happy news to impart. I have asked Miss Marina Thompson to be my wife, and she has accepted."

The guests suddenly begin to clap and chatter, throwing out congratulations to the couple.

The Featherington's look completely overjoyed at the news, with Lord Featherington even smiling widely toward the couple. The entire Featherington family, sans Penelope, rushes over to the couple to congratulate them once more.

In stark contrast to the Featherington's rather joyful reactions, the Bridgerton brood stood looking rather shocked, even Anthony, whose eyes were wide and mouth, looked nearly ready to drop to the ground in surprise.